Mike Anthony: UConn sophomore Travis Jones, could become the force that the Huskies’ DL needs. | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: UConn sophomore Travis Jones, could become the force that the Huskies’ DL needs.

Reaction Score
How do we find more kids like this in CT? He drew a double team every single play against Wagner. He may not get sacks but he pushes OL right into the QBs lap.

Reaction Score
How do we find more kids like this in CT?

Find parents/grandparents who want to keep their kids close to home and sell the support structure. Remember he committed to Rutgers till his family changed his mind. This was a perfect storm of Edsall, old school HS Coach and family.

(oh, and win - no one wants to play for a perennial loser).

Reaction Score
I watched replay of game last night and he was a load to handle. As pointed out above he was pushing two lineman backwards consistently. Should free up others to make plays.

Reaction Score
I watched replay of game last night and he was a load to handle. As pointed out above he was pushing two lineman backwards consistently. Should free up others to make plays.
Yup. Doesn't show up as anything on the stat sheet, but it leaves others in one on one matchups all game.

Reaction Score
Find parents/grandparents who want to keep their kids close to home and sell the support structure. Remember he committed to Rutgers till his family changed his mind. This was a perfect storm of Edsall, old school HS Coach and family.

(oh, and win - no one wants to play for a perennial loser).
It was, but this is type of kid you need to keep home. I think his HS coach said he would have never sent him up to Diaco. He a few offers but not the Michigan, Penn State variety we have no chance against. Pitt and RU were the two we knew about. Should be able to compete for local kids against them, and Cuse and BC.

IMO if you want to win at UConn, you need these type of kids. I lump him with Byron Jones, Scott Lutrus, Mike Ryan etc. Local kids that may not have dozens of offers or are somewhat overlooked but are pretty much day 1 contributors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom