Mike Anthony: UConn Road Show One Piece In Complicated And Challenging Financial Puzzle | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: UConn Road Show One Piece In Complicated And Challenging Financial Puzzle

Reaction Score
Good article - encourage everyone to donate something.

Reaction Score
If we ever put the people that we have with the same facilities and same things that other people have, as good as we are now, there's no telling how good we can be. That's where you all come in.”

This could only be money right?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
If we ever put the people that we have with the same facilities and same things that other people have, as good as we are now, there's no telling how good we can be. That's where you all come in.”

I'm not sure how valid this is. The Werth Center is wht 2 years old, and the Football facility 8 or so years? We spent about $90mm on those. The only thing would be to expand the Rent but our on campus facilities are among the newest and best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how valid this is. The Werth Center is wht 2 years old, and the Football facility 8 or so years? We spent about $90mm on those. The only thing would be to expand the Rent but our on campus facilities are among the newest and best.
Baseball, softball and soccer are getting much needed facilities. That project is underway now. Hockey East requires an on campus stadium that holds 3,000 (I think.) That will be next. I believe Gampel is next with a new concourse, with better bathrooms and concessions. There are things that need to be done.

Reaction Score
Canned goods?

Just mean that (and I've said this here many times) - the number of donors to the athletic department is FAR less than the number of members of the BY. Understanding that some of the folks here are not UCONN fans, we still as a group aren't doing enough. That being said, not everyone is in the position to give hundreds or thousands of $. But if everyone donated something, which you can now do on a recurring basis by CC, the school would be better off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believe Gampel is next with a new concourse, with better bathrooms and concessions.

None of this solves the main problem with Gampel. The rows are way too close together.

Reaction Score

854419.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
None of this solves the main problem with Gampel. The rows are way too close together.
Mmm, not sure it I see that as as big an issue as you do, but, as far as I am aware, there are no plans to change that.

Reaction Score
Good article - encourage everyone to donate something.
Mens hoops renewal forms came wih a request to bump up giving by 15%. That means more money!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Baseball, softball and soccer are getting much needed facilities. That project is underway now. Hockey East requires an on campus stadium that holds 3,000 (I think.) That will be next. I believe Gampel is next with a new concourse, with better bathrooms and concessions. There are things that need to be done.
ok, thanks, I blew that one! Maybe I should have attended the Road Show!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mmm, not sure it I see that as as big an issue as you do, but, as far as I am aware, there are no plans to change that.
You must be shorter than 5'7".

CL82

Reaction Score
You must be shorter than 5'7".
Nope 6'5" but the bigger issue is giving enough room for my three cellphones.

Reaction Score
Long but informative read for those interested in a conference peer with similar challenges:

University of Houston faces a widening money gap to keep pace in big-time sports

>
>“We want to win, and when you win you put butts in the seats. If you can average 40,000 for football instead of 31,000 and 7,000 for basketball instead of 3,000, you’d be surprised at what you can bring in. I’ve seen it with the Rockets. We need to put people in place and to win.”<<

Reaction Score
Long but informative read for those interested in a conference peer with similar challenges:

University of Houston faces a widening money gap to keep pace in big-time sports

>
>“We want to win, and when you win you put butts in the seats. If you can average 40,000 for football instead of 31,000 and 7,000 for basketball instead of 3,000, you’d be surprised at what you can bring in. I’ve seen it with the Rockets. We need to put people in place and to win.”<<
If UConn has had the success in football Houston has had filling the Rent wouldn’t be a problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom