Mike Anthony: UConn men’s basketball season ticket changes puts school at risk of losing some longtime fans | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: UConn men’s basketball season ticket changes puts school at risk of losing some longtime fans

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony should have a similar conversation about The Hartford Courant

How many online users have they lost based on their article max per month nonsense

the ones who can’t figure out how to just go into private browsing and it’s unlimted?

probably a good amount....

Reaction Score
Finally read through the package they sent. The seats I had last year require a $400 donation on top of the ticket price for a 9 game schedule. $85-90 per seat per game including exhibition and OOC. As much as I would like to keep my seats I am sure that some of my group will not renew. The best approach for me may be to buy non-donation seats and hang in the bar.

Reaction Score
Question 1: They send you what the prices would be for your current seats, but what if you want to drop down to a lower price per seat donation. Do you have to wait till everyone else is set or can you request that now?

Question 2: Let say you have 4 tickets today at Gampel or XL and want to drop that to 2? Can you increase it back to 4 the next year. They say you can keep you seats, but if you give up a portion, you probably can never get them back. Is that correct?

Reaction Score
Question 1: They send you what the prices would be for your current seats, but what if you want to drop down to a lower price per seat donation. Do you have to wait till everyone else is set or can you request that now?

Question 2: Let say you have 4 tickets today at Gampel or XL and want to drop that to 2? Can you increase it back to 4 the next year. They say you can keep you seats, but if you give up a portion, you probably can never get them back. Is that correct?

It's correct if others fill in. I think they're overly optimistic that there are fans lining up to take seats.

Reaction Score
The results of this will, if nothing else, and regardless of the direction it heads, certainly provide some data as to where the program is at and headed.

Reaction Score
Love how they announced this after the football season ticket renewal. Really only renewed my tickets to get the points. Now that doesn't matter. Would've rather put the money towards the donation + ticket price increase.

Reaction Score
Getting tired of David Benedict
The Scholarship Seating Program replaces an antiquated points-based system, is more in line with what most major university athletic programs utilize and will benefit UConn athletics in the long run. But its implementation will not be pain-free, hurting some fans who have been in attendance in Storrs and Hartford since coach Dan Hurley was a kid in Jersey City, even earlier.

Just doing what most schools are doing. Change is always hard.

Reaction Score
I guess this is how they're making up for the free student tickets.
Could be wrong, but last I knew student tickets were 5 bucks a pop. Don't think that's really a big effect here.

Reaction Score
The Scholarship Seating Program replaces an antiquated points-based system, is more in line with what most major university athletic programs utilize and will benefit UConn athletics in the long run. But its implementation will not be pain-free, hurting some fans who have been in attendance in Storrs and Hartford since coach Dan Hurley was a kid in Jersey City, even earlier.

that's great except the AAC is not a major conference. UConn has got to start realizing that, even if Hurley turns it around, we're still in a second tier conference situation.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

I wonder what would fans say if we had started this when we were winning?

Reaction Score
I wonder what would fans say if we had started this when we were winning?
that's great except the AAC is not a major conference. UConn has got to start realizing that, even if Hurley turns it around, we're still in a second tier conference situation.
All the more reason to do it. We aren't getting the tv revenues that other conferences generate.

Reaction Score
All the more reason to do it. We aren't getting the tv revenues that other conferences generate.
all the more reason NOT to do it. You're gambling with the entire season ticket base by doing this.

Reaction Score
Getting tired of David Benedict
I'm not the biggest David Benedict fan but any AD that they brought it would have switched to this system. In fact they should have put this in place years ago. This system is fair and allows people to keep their seats. Making it as transparent as possible.

I think the biggest problem that everyone is having is they overpriced certain seating areas.

Reaction Score
I get what UConn is trying to do but they need to better understand their current situation. We’ve just had three losing seasons in a row, play an AAC schedule, and haven't been selling out games prior to implementing seat donations. My 4 tickets behind the basket at Gampel will now cost $2875 or approximately $80 a ticket. I had a hard time selling my tickets at cost if I couldn’t make a game last year. This year it would be next to impossible. Who’s going to pay that to see East Carolina, Tulane, or Tulsa? I’ve been a long-time season ticket holder, but I think this is enough to keep me at home this year.

Reaction Score
Better start scheduling quite a few home games vs old Big East competition if he wants season ticket holders to buy in.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Combined this with the high likelyhood of tolls and a shrinking/aging population future attendance isn’t looking good. The future of Uconn hoops concerns me. Hopefully we start winning, winning cures a lot of ills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom