Mike Anthony: UConn football team might have a weapon in freshman Matt Drayton, one of many with an opportunity to lead the Huskies’ depleted receiver | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: UConn football team might have a weapon in freshman Matt Drayton, one of many with an opportunity to lead the Huskies’ depleted receiver

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: UConn football team might have a weapon in freshman Matt Drayton, one of many with an opportunity to lead the Huskies’ depleted receivers group

>>
Eight months ago Drayton was making big plays in high-profile high school games, leading Raines of Jacksonville to a second consecutive state championship in Florida. In two weeks he’ll look to make an impact in a football world of completely different physicality and sophistication.

With any freshman, however talented, balls will sometimes bounce off chests just like others will be snared so improbably.

A true freshman making an impact? “It’s hard,” Edsall said.

No question. It’s also hard to make the type of impression that Drayton has through two-plus weeks of preseason camp.

“The guy just makes plays every practice,” Edsall said. “That's what you look for. He's been impressive. He's had as good a camp, probably, as anybody. The guy just has a way to make plays. He adjusts to the ball extremely well. I don't know if I've been around a guy who adjusts to the ball as well as he does. He just works. He comes from a great program down there at Raines. He's a great worker and appreciates everything he has, so he's been impressive.”<<

Alternate link here.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: UConn football team might have a weapon in freshman Matt Drayton, one of many with an opportunity to lead the Huskies’ depleted receivers group

>>
Eight months ago Drayton was making big plays in high-profile high school games, leading Raines of Jacksonville to a second consecutive state championship in Florida. In two weeks he’ll look to make an impact in a football world of completely different physicality and sophistication.
With any freshman, however talented, balls will sometimes bounce off chests just like others will be snared so improbably.

A true freshman making an impact? “It’s hard,” Edsall said.

No question. It’s also hard to make the type of impression that Drayton has through two-plus weeks of preseason camp.

“The guy just makes plays every practice,” Edsall said. “That's what you look for. He's been impressive. He's had as good a camp, probably, as anybody. The guy just has a way to make plays. He adjusts to the ball extremely well. I don't know if I've been around a guy who adjusts to the ball as well as he does. He just works. He comes from a great program down there at Raines. He's a great worker and appreciates everything he has, so he's been impressive.”<<

Alternate link here.
Wow. That's quite the rave from RE. RE isn't known for hyperbole. He hasn't been around a guy who adjusts to the ball as well as him? Diggs? Moore? Easley?

He must be impressive.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Nice to see UConn recruit the first coast. There are some really good football programs and recruits here in the Jax area. It is quite underrated IMO.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nice to see UConn recruit the first coast. There are some really good football programs and recruits here in the Jax area. It is quite underrated IMO.
Randy and Corey have been pumping a lot offers out in the Jacksonville area since returning. Good area for talent and it doesn’t hurt that Randy has a house on the coast nearby.

Reaction Score
I like that he got to the decision point and said ... "I want experience something totally different." And YES ... rural Connecticut is that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom