Mike Anthony: UConn football must open the 2019 season with more than a victory against Wagner | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: UConn football must open the 2019 season with more than a victory against Wagner

Reaction Score

>>We need tangible, visible evidence that UConn is a better football team and we need it right away. The Huskies’ return to true relevance and something to be really proud of — if, indeed, there is such a return — will continue to be a slow-moving process but it has to begin with a quick step and big leap in the right direction.<<

>>Never has the manner of victory been more important. The Huskies need to show that, damn it, everything is progressing outside of the view of that magic carpet ride through last season’s misery and a summer of complications. Fans need reason to move on from a historically bad 2018 and reason to digress from pondering a potentially murky future. The team and program must also start representing themselves as something a TV outlet would want to put money into.<<

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I agree one hundred percent. Beat them by 3+ TDS carry some buzz into the Illinois game and at the very least COMPETE.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything he said.

Show me something. For once, just show me something. Enough with the excuses, enough with the blame. Do what you're supposed to do and dominate a weak FCS school.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Shouldn't need nuance to beat Wagner into submission.
We should be able to run over them in classic Edsall fashion. If we can't it is going to be a long a season. Still I wouldn't mind seeing them stretch the field.

Reaction Score
We should be able to run over them in classic Edsall fashion. If we can't it is going to be a long a season. Still I wouldn't mind seeing them stretch the field.

The last thing I want to see is us running over Wagner. Get the QB and receivers started moving the ball out the gate. This is a great opponent to gain some confidence with. We can’t run all year. We’ve got to sling the ball in today’s FBS game.

Reaction Score
The last thing I want to see is us running over Wagner. Get the QB and receivers started moving the ball out the gate. This is a great opponent to gain some confidence with. We can’t run all year. We’ve got to sling the ball in today’s FBS game.

Well you kinda got your wish

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom