Mike Anthony: UConn athletics can recover with its own cuts and outside help | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: UConn athletics can recover with its own cuts and outside help

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Quite the fluff piece with no real answer...get some money from the state and cut some programs. Thanks for the insightful analysis!

Would it kill any of these guys who have gotten paid to essentially write the same story hundreds of times to do some actual investigating and put down real numbers?

Reaction Score
Can we play football in the soccer stadium?

Reaction Score
Disagree, he made good arguments backed with numbers as to how the state's rental fees to UConn are ridiculous and can chip into the deficit. He also made the argument of going to the state for more and better funding, another potentially viable option.

The only place I felt the article fell short was in bringing up the prospect of cutting sports, he didn't propose which sports to cut. That may be on purpose so as not to draw attention to those sports needlessly, but it weakens the argument.

Reaction Score
A little late for being pro-active. Anyone with any financial acumen would have recognized the day we joined the American that there would be an increase in expenses.

Reaction Score
A little late for being pro-active. Anyone with any financial acumen would have recognized the day we joined the American that there would be an increase in expenses.
Its never late to be pro-active.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The only place I felt the article fell short was in bringing up the prospect of cutting sports, he didn't propose which sports to cut. That may be on purpose so as not to draw attention to those sports needlessly, but it weakens the argument.

I can totally understand why a columnist wouldn't just throw a bunch of sports under the bus.

There's something not so classy about (effectively) calling for a bunch of kids to lose their athletic scholarships, no matter how small they are.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the risk of making a handful of people very mad... if you are dropping sports and don’t start here you need your head examined.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the risk of making a handful of people very mad... if you are dropping sports and don’t start here you need your head examined.

It’s ethical at this point.

They stink. They have no where to play. The money wasted on them can be put to use elsewhere.

Sorry not sorry.

Pull the plug.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It’s ethical at this point.

They stink. They have no where to play. The money wasted on them can be put to use elsewhere.

Sorry not sorry.

Pull the plug.
You’re just lashing out at their present ineptitude.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You’re just lashing out at their present ineptitude.

Not at all. I don’t give a whit if they win or lose.

They don’t have anywhere to play - combine that with being inept it’s real dollars that can be cut.

5 years of losing to Sacred Heart? Good money after bad. Can’t be sustained. Bye bye

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom