Mike Anthony: Randy Edsall Turning 60, And Turning Around A Program | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony: Randy Edsall Turning 60, And Turning Around A Program

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Randy Edsall Turning 60, And Turning Around A Program

>>It has been more than a year and a half since the latest press conference to introduce Edsall, in December 2016. He’s as different as the situation, much more conversational and open — in part because he has relaxed, in part because he knows the job now requires salesmanship. He remains in great shape, runs 5 miles a day and mixes in 20-mile bike rides, and runs the program with the same energy that helped him push a new FBS program to the top of a terrific conference in the 2000’s.

“This old dog,” Edsall said, “still has a lot of fight in him.”<<

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good read. Randy is very comfortable in his own skin. He comes across as competent and self assured. He is the anti-Diaco.

Reaction Score
We have plenty of hope. We somehow beat a ranked Houston with Diaco.

UH played dirty under Herman.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Coach! At the start of the second quarter, Let the band start the song and Let's belt it out! Now that would be a great moment and way to say Thanks!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Just for the record, he hasn't turned around squat yet.

debbie-downer-sad-snl-skit-depressed-gif-4920592

CL82

Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure that Randy is right guy to "turn things around." I'm pretty sure that he was the right guy to stop the hemorrhaging though. First things first.

Reaction Score
Edsall is the right coach at the right time for this program. He was the safe bet, and we needed that after six years of total bafoonary.

This won’t be flashy, but we will see steady improvement.
Don't forget,the six years of total buffoonery are on him! One can forgive, but one must not forget.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure that Randy is right guy to "turn things around." I'm pretty sure that he was the right guy to stop the hemorrhaging though. First things first.

I'm a huge Edsall guy and I was very happy with the hire (for nostalgia and given who else may have been selected given that Herbst and AD Dave were running the show), but I'm with you on this take.

I'm nearly certain that Edsall will get us back to respectability but it'll time to compete for league titles.

Another coach may have gotten us there quicker, but I think the odds that we'd have another disaster on our hands given the nature of the UConn job and the decision makers in place at the time would have made it way too risky for a program already on life support.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Edsall guy and I was very happy with the hire (for nostalgia and given who else may have been selected given that Herbst and AD Dave were running the show), but I'm with you on this take.

I'm nearly certain that Edsall will get us back to respectability but it'll time to compete for league titles.

Another coach may have gotten us there quicker, but I think the odds that we'd have another disaster on our hands given the nature of the UConn job and the decision makers in place at the time would have made it way too risky for a program already on life support.
No doubt and the price was certainly right.

I was was one of those guys who thought that REv1 had taken us as far as he could and tht we'd need a new coach to "take us to the next level." Little did I know that the next level we'd head to would be the basement.

I think Randy views UConn football as being his legacy. He's absolutely the guy to get us the right track because of that. The next hire will be important, but they all are really.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Another coach may have gotten us there quicker...

For any new coach of an under performing program, it would/will take at least two years. The first year is always transition. Even Diaco got UConn to a bowl in year 2.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
For any new coach of an under performing program, it would/will take at least two years. The first year is always transition. Even Diaco got UConn to a bowl in year 2.

Right - I'm not expecting a bowl game this year though for our program. I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I think it's going to be another year until we see ourselves as truly competitive.

CL82

Reaction Score
Right - I'm not expecting a bowl game this year though for our program. I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I think it's going to be another year until we see ourselves as truly competitive.
Which isn't a guarantee of a bowl bid.

Reaction Score
I had no idea Randy hired the Stupid Twins and Crazy Bob.
His abrupt and stealthy departure led to desperate moves on behalf of the administration. If he didn't leave UConn football would have progressed and UConn would be in a P5 now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
His abrupt and stealthy departure led to desperate moves on behalf of the administration. If he didn't leave UConn football would have progressed and UConn would be in a P5 now.
Rumor was that Whipple was all but offered and Hathaway pulled an about face (with McHugh's blessing) and hired Former Head "Coach" Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score

Well...........that's an interesting point of view.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom