Mike Anthony article: UCONN drought | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony article: UCONN drought

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anthony did not use the D word. Well balanced article.

Lets remember what a real Drought looks like

1666611782159.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For, what, 10 games, 12 games?’ Now this year you’ve got to be Azzi and you’ve got to be a little bit of Paige. And she said, ‘That’s a lot.’ I said, ‘I know.’ And she said, ‘It’s not anything I can’t handle.’

Meme Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Move along. Keep it moving. Nothing to see here.

IMO the article is like one of those compilation episodes of a tv show that are nothing more than a series of clips from previous episodes. UConn fans have been waiting for fresh news since April and this article serves us leftovers.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Lots of question marks from another media writer, so that's all we can expect before the season starts. What he says is true, and if not for the knowledge of this team by us, we would all be on pins and needles waiting for the season to begin. But we all know, even with the superior talent of Paige, she is just one player, and basketball is a team sport. We have the guards and we have the Bigs to get the job done, so all the negative articles about this team is just background noise. I've said it before, just don't even think about Paige, look at this team like she never existed, and you will see a great group of basketball players that are top notch and have a good chance of going as far as they want. We will be ready, and the missing part that we have will only make the year more exciting and more satisfying. Go Huskies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We went thru last year with injuries up the wazoo and made the final 4. It wasn't pretty, much to the consternation of many here. We had more arm chair coaches last year then I can remember. But we made to the championship. We lost to the better team that night. Give credit were credit is due.

We start the year with a clean slate. No Paige this season. Pre-season ranking at #6. Let it go. I know the press will remind us if we loose or win a squeaker!

A solid, talented core of players is back. Added is a very solid grad transfer, two very talent frosh bigs and a talented Portuguese player.

Let's play ball and really see who has the juice to win!!

Reaction Score
Azzi is way better than Paige. She says so herself in lots of clips. Paige claims she’s way better than Azzi in loads of clips too. Many of them were made in Azzi’s parents’ house.

Paige’s little brother says he’s way better than Paige. This clip was taken while he was sitting in his booster seat in the back of the car.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are you , by chance, related to Tom Joad? I sense a connection to the desperation.
Not really. Dont see how I give off that vibe :confused:. I actually feel blessed to be part of the UConn fanbase. Even without the NC's lately, we continue to get to week 3 , I love watching the way our team plays with team work on both ends and an aesthetics to the way our team plays that other teams (like SC) does not have imo

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lots of question marks from another media writer, so that's all we can expect before the season starts. What he says is true, and if not for the knowledge of this team by us, we would all be on pins and needles waiting for the season to begin. But we all know, even with the superior talent of Paige, she is just one player, and basketball is a team sport. We have the guards and we have the Bigs to get the job done, so all the negative articles about this team is just background noise. I've said it before, just don't even think about Paige, look at this team like she never existed, and you will see a great group of basketball players that are top notch and have a good chance of going as far as they want. We will be ready, and the missing part that we have will only make the year more exciting and more satisfying. Go Huskies.
Very well said Bald Huskie!! :cool: It’s said that adversity either builds character or reveals it. The fiber of this team will be on display beginning with its game against Texas.

I respect Northeastern, but they aren't nearly as talented or big as UConn. I expect a conservative 20-35 point margin of victory on our floor against the Huskies. They finished 14-18 (7th) in the Colonial Athletic Conference last year.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Not really. Dont see how I give off that vibe :confused:. I actually feel blessed to be part of the UConn fanbase. Even without the NC's lately, we continue to get to week 3 , I love watching the way our team plays with team work on both ends and an aesthetics to the way our team plays that other teams (like SC) does not have imo
As Emily L. was wont to say, "nevermind".

Reaction Score
We went thru last year with injuries up the wazoo and made the final 4. It wasn't pretty, much to the consternation of many here. We had more arm chair coaches last year then I can remember. But we made to the championship. We lost to the better team that night. Give credit were credit is due.

We start the year with a clean slate. No Paige this season. Pre-season ranking at #6. Let it go. I know the press will remind us if we loose or win a squeaker!

A solid, talented core of players is back. Added is a very solid grad transfer, two very talent frosh bigs and a talented Portuguese player.

Let's play ball and really see who has the juice to win!!
Well said and I agree wholeheartedly. I have been saying all year about this team that it has all the tools it needs to go all the way. I think the only team in our class is SC and we don't play them til FEB. By then we will definitely know what kind of team we have and can we handle SC. From the video posted earlier on the Boneyard, Geno gave me the impression that he is very satisfied with this team and the direction it is going. I believe this will be the year of NO.12 NC.

Reaction Score
Well said and I agree wholeheartedly. I have been saying all year about this team that it has all the tools it needs to go all the way. I think the only team in our class is SC and we don't play them til FEB. By then we will definitely know what kind of team we have and can we handle SC. From the video posted earlier on the Boneyard, Geno gave me the impression that he is very satisfied with this team and the direction it is going. I believe this will be the year of NO.12 NC.
From your lips........That would be the greatest single season achievement by the greatest Women's Basketball Coach of All Time. You will know very soon if that belief can become a cautious hope. I will say this, they are going to be ahell of a lot better than a lot of people think they are going to be if they stay healthy. Once the defense gets tightly riveted in come February, this team will be a force to be reckoned with.

Reaction Score
Our talent level is as good as anyone’s, I think — stronger in some areas then others, of course. I think a few teams are comparable that way: SC, ND, Stanford, Arizona, Texas, etc. But to win it all, a team needs more than talent. They need to operate as a unit come March.

Not all the teams with comparable talent will be able to match us that way. One thing Geno has proven over and over is his (and CD and Jemelle and Morgan) ability to build team chemistry. Dawn, Tara, Adia, they’ve all shown they can do this, too. Our talent buys us a ticket to the big show. After that, it’s coaching that gets us the rest of the way.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And almost every DI team in the land would all but die to have the Huskies' record during this "drought".

Reaction Score
I am blessed also.
Last year was EPIC.
Don’t believe….actually positive I’ve never seen a team fight through adversity like last years edition.
And not for a game, or two, or three- BUT THE ENTIRE DAMN SEASON.
Incredible to witness.
I’m pretty sure that when Coach finally hangs it up (not for years, hopefully) he will remember last years team as one of his most accomplished.
Ultimate, ultimate respect for last year’s warriors.

Reaction Score
From your lips........That would be the greatest single season achievement by the greatest Women's Basketball Coach of All Time. You will know very soon if that belief can become a cautious hope. I will say this, they are going to be ahell of a lot better than a lot of people think they are going to be if they stay healthy. Once the defense gets tightly riveted in come February, this team will be a force to be reckoned with.
the Movie Series, The Comeback Gals Part Two.

Reaction Score
Nicely written piece that contains nothing we don’‘t know, haven’t felt, or haven’t speculated about.

Yawned my way through until Mr. Anthony announced that UCWBB is “…just another member of the upper-tier pack..”.
News to me.

Reaction Score
Spot on.

Reaction Score
Just a rehash of what most ,already know. Barring any significant injuries, U Conn and S.C. are on a collision course this season. Seeding in the tournament, may affect who plays in the N.C.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Considering Uconn has won 69 of a maximum possible 84 games in the NCAA tournament in the last 15 years compared to Stanford at 50, ND at 46, and SC at 32 and been to the final four each year it was held, not sure 'in a drought' is a good descriptor for the program!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom