OT: - Mike Anderson Facing Federal Lawsuit | The Boneyard

OT: Mike Anderson Facing Federal Lawsuit

Reaction Score
"Former St. John’s assistant coach Steve DeMeo filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against the university and head coach Mike Anderson alleging he was wrongfully terminated because of a health condition as well as making additional allegations about strife inside the men's basketball program."

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Really bad look, surprised more kids didn't transfer and Champaignie came back tbh.

Reaction Score
Well! I wondered why so many players left the Johnnies after having a better than expected season.

Reaction Score
Really bad look, surprised more kids didn't transfer and Champaignie came back tbh.
I think they had like 8-9 transfers that’s almost an entire roster, but it kind of went a little unnoticed because Posh and Julian came back

*****correction - 7 transfers

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I think they had like 8-9 transfers that’s almost an entire roster, but it kind of went a little unnoticed because Posh and Julian came back
Think the article said 7. Basically lost the entire team except for the stars.

Reaction Score
St. John’s fans in the first stage of grief right now. They can say what they want about the assistant coach, but kicking players off the team in the middle of a game is really concerning. Definitely weird stuff going on behind the scenes there.

Reaction Score
2 lawsuits involving Hall and SJU. the McDermott mess at creighton. What's next? thankfully ewing looks to have finally steadied the ship at gtown.

Reaction Score
2 lawsuits involving Hall and SJU. the McDermott mess at creighton. What's next? thankfully ewing looks to have finally steadied the ship at gtown.
The Seton Hall one is complete and utter nonsense and will be thrown out, Creighton showed guts doing the right thing in this climate and McDermott and the players will be better for it- Creighton has the #7 recruiting class in the country this year with 4 top 75 players joining the team.

Not so sure about Ewing steadying the ship, they have the #16 class in the country coming in but he continues to lose players.

Reaction Score
Was the "mess" was not as serious as some classified it or is it simply that McDermott is one super salesman?
Number 1 class in the Big East and #7 overall is pretty impressive and would seem to indicate that the players who stayed didn't discourage new players from committing there.

Reaction Score
Was the "mess" was not as serious as some classified it or is it simply that McDermott is one super salesman?
Number 1 class in the Big East and #7 overall is pretty impressive and would seem to indicate that the players who stayed didn't discourage new players from committing there.
yeah he rebounded nicely for sure. it just wasnt the kind of publicity the BE wants

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There are 2 sides to every story like this
The Moore kid could be a bad egg and an instigator
DeMeo could have been trying to undercut Anderson
Anderson could actually be a true DB
Who knows
Champaignie returning is good for Anderson, the Johnnies and the NBE

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
st johns is the queen of nyc hype nonsense.
coach KO has hoisted the ncaa national championship trophy moar times than the johnnycoats ever have in their entire history, which includes a top ten in wins for ncaa mens basketball. let that sink in.
the last time they 'won' anything, was the 2003 nit, but that's not true either as the ncaa yanked that title from them becuz they cheated.
their overhyped players? a grand total of 8 nba allstar selections, which becomes 3 iffn chris mullins' 5 times are removed. let that sink in.
anderson is just the most recent version of 'melo will lead us back to the promised land!' delusion ('the garden!' 'streets y'all!' 'respect! disrespect!' 'u talkin to me?'...).
French Lick Indiana has a way better record of bigtime success. actually, almost every other college does. pathetic. but hey, i think they beat both us and villanova last year, so there's that. when's the parade?
it's only been aboot a short half century since the knicks or jets won anything, and the mets aren't too far behind that record of futility. 'bbut this is the year!'
St. John's Red Storm men's basketball - Wikipedia

in the next couple of decades, Texas will be adding population equal to the entire state of New York. i wonder why?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are 2 sides to every story like this
The Moore kid could be a bad egg and an instigator
DeMeo could have been trying to undercut Anderson
Anderson could actually be a true DB
Who knows
Champaignie returning is good for Anderson, the Johnnies and the NBE
Moore was a malcontent. He was posting posts on Instagram about his hatred and wanting to kill white people as well as a bunch of misogynistic stuff at the time this all happened. Mike Anderson had every right to get rid of Moore whenever he wanted I’d you read the stuff Moore was saying. Apparently some other players supported Moore and most were guys that were not recruited by Mike Anderson either. Lots transferred out, all to low-mid major teams and Champagnie had even recently hinted that the players on the team now are all-in.

I don’t think much will come of the DeMeo suit from what I’ve heard. Mike Anderson replaced almost all the players that left with better players, except maybe Moore who was a guy who had to be cut loose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom