OT: Mighty Macs | The Boneyard

OT: Mighty Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The movie Mighty Macs is due to be released on October 21st. It's the story of Cathy Rush and Immaculata in the early 70's.

Reaction Score

What a relief! I thought it was going to be yet another story about an Appleholic.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

What a relief! I thought it was going to be yet another story about an Appleholic.

I resent that remark, wonkster, and as soon as my 4S arrives and I finish installing IOS5 I am going to call you and give you a piece of my mind.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was living in Philly in the early 1970s, as was Geno. Immaculata was amazing. The moved the bar up quite a bit.

Ice--I'll be a couple of weeks behind you on the iPhone 4S. Enjoy!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm in the process of uploading the apps and music to it at the moment. The new camera is great as is the video. I will try Facetime with my Mom in CT tonight.

I expected it to be shipped today but ATT delivered it at about 1:00 via UPS today.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The movie is being screened tomorrow for the Arizona Women's Basketball team and interested fans. Hope to go.

Of course, we met Coach Stanley while she was assisting at Rutgers and Coach Grentz when she was at a couple of functions. Coach Grentz has the gift of gab, let me tell you. Interesting that 3 of the Mighty Macs went on to coaching.

Reaction Score
I would assume so. Yellow apples....not so good.
Have you tried Macouns? They're a hybrid apple developed by Cornell aggies about 90 years ago, a cross between the McIntosh and I can't remember what else. Pretty tasty, and possibly my favorite kind of apple.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Cathy Rush left coaching? She had amazing success at Immaculata but she left after just 6 years and to my knowledge never coached WCBB again.

Some stats -
3 consectutive National Championships - in 6 years
6 Final Fours
149-15 (.909) - better than Geno's w/l record

Reaction Score
I suspect the only apple that might have a role in this story is the one you give a teacher.

The movie stars Carla Gugino and Marley Shelton. I would watch a movie with Carla and Marley even if it only concerned them tweeting from their iPhones.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Cathy Rush left coaching? She had amazing success at Immaculata but she left after just 6 years and to my knowledge never coached WCBB again.

Some stats -
3 consectutive National Championships - in 6 years
6 Final Fours
149-15 (.909) - better than Geno's w/l record
Perhaps this has something to do with it? From Wikipedia...

"Cathy is a breast cancer survivor and a spokesperson for the American Cancer Society."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have you tried Macouns? They're a hybrid apple developed by Cornell aggies about 90 years ago, a cross between the McIntosh and I can't remember what else. Pretty tasty, and possibly my favorite kind of apple.

Nope. Only kind I "eat" are Red Delicious, others are too mushy. Only kind I cook with (pie) are Macintosh

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nope. Only kind I "eat" are Red Delicious, others are too mushy. Only kind I cook with (pie) are Macintosh

Meyers you're missing the boat by using Macs in an apple pie. Granny Smith is the way to go.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers you're missing the boat by using Macs in an apple pie. Granny Smith is the way to go.

Nope. Macs are the only thing I will use. My wife tried to tell me the same thing.....until she tasted my apple pie.

And granny smith are the worst apples. Way, way too bitter. Won't even eat them plain.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Trying to get my Granny Smith to stay in the pie dish while I drizzled sour cream and rum and brown sugar over her was too much of a battle, so I switched back to using Macs.

Red delicious are an abomination of apples..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I won't even mention using Jonathans on a UConn board. Oops, I just did.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
So sayeth the Lord. TJI 14:6

I always thought the Wozniak Apple was the cleanest and crispest of them all. Anything after that was an abomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom