OT: Mighty Macs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Mighty Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nope. Macs are the only thing I will use. My wife tried to tell me the same thing.....until she tasted my apple pie.

And granny smith are the worst apples. Way, way too bitter. Won't even eat them plain.

I guess you prove the point that taste is subjective. IMO the red delicious shouldn't even be called an apple. As for the Granny Smith I've never heard it described as "bitter". Tart or even sour but never bitter.

On a whim I looked up a dozen or so apple pie recipes. The Granny Smith is the overwhelming favorite as the apple of choice. Rachel Ray was the only one to use Macs in her pie and Lagasse used a mix of Granny Smith and Macs.

I would put my own crisp, tasty apple pie recipe up against a flabby, mush Mac pie any day.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As for the Granny Smith I've never heard it described as "bitter". Tart or even sour but never bitter.

Tart, sour, bitter, pretty much the same to me.

I would put my own crisp, tasty apple pie recipe up against a flabby, mush Mac pie any day.

Sounds like a challenge to me. ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I guess you prove the point that taste is subjective. IMO the red delicious shouldn't even be called an apple. As for the Granny Smith I've never heard it described as "bitter". Tart or even sour but never bitter.

On a whim I looked up a dozen or so apple pie recipes. The Granny Smith is the overwhelming favorite as the apple of choice. Rachel Ray was the only one to use Macs in her pie and Lagasse used a mix of Granny Smith and Macs.

If yor Mac pies are mushy that is that fault of the baker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom