Might A Couple or More Head UConn's Way | The Boneyard

Might A Couple or More Head UConn's Way

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
More awards to win from Naismith Foundation.

?The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and Women's Basketball Coaches Association, in collaboration with ESPN, announced the addition of four inaugural women's college basketball awards in a press release Thursday.

Similar to the men's awards which were introduced three years ago, the Hall of Fame and the WBCA will present an award honoring the best player at each of the five position.

In addition to the Nancy Lieberman Point Guard Award, which has been presented since 2000, there will be the Ann Meyers Drysdale Shooting Guard Award, Cheryl Miller Small Forward Award, Katrina McClain Power Forward Award, and Lisa Leslie Center Award. "

Auriemma, former teammates rally behind Stewart

Scroll down a bit. It's there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More awards to win from Naismith Foundation.

?The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and Women's Basketball Coaches Association, in collaboration with ESPN, announced the addition of four inaugural women's college basketball awards in a press release Thursday.

Similar to the men's awards which were introduced three years ago, the Hall of Fame and the WBCA will present an award honoring the best player at each of the five position.

In addition to the Nancy Lieberman Point Guard Award, which has been presented since 2000, there will be the Ann Meyers Drysdale Shooting Guard Award, Cheryl Miller Small Forward Award, Katrina McClain Power Forward Award, and Lisa Leslie Center Award. "

Auriemma, former teammates rally behind Stewart

Scroll down a bit. It's there.

Interesting in an era where the sharp definitions of a player are getting blurred. The multifaceted nature of our players in particular (except for Crystal) may hurt our guys a bit.

I guess our Mapping giving us the best chance to sweep (I know that is impossible but fun to think about) would be

Azura=C
Pheese=PF
Gabby=SF
Lou=SG
Crystal=PG

Reaction Score
Were any these awards presented in a different format in previous years? (inaugural-yes I saw but..)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Were any these awards presented in a different format in previous years? (inaugural-yes I saw but..)
Seems to me the lines for the Lieberman got a little blurry in some years so that it was more the 'best guard who occasionally passes to a teammate award', but no - I do not believe any of the other positions were singled out before. The POY and Sixth Man awards recognized a player with no position specificity.

I like the idea, though as mentioned above , the blurred lines between positions allows for some ongoing controversy. Where does Maya fit or could she in some year receive two awards as SF and PF? Just as DT could be awarded both guard slots.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seems to me the lines for the Lieberman got a little blurry in some years so that it was more the 'best guard who occasionally passes to a teammate award', but no - I do not believe any of the other positions were singled out before. The POY and Sixth Man awards recognized a player with no position specificity.
I like the idea, though as mentioned above , the blurred lines between positions allows for some ongoing controversy. Where does Maya fit or could she in some year receive two awards as SF and PF? Just as DT could be awarded both guard slots.
Good to hear from you. You have been missed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom