midnight madness? | The Boneyard

midnight madness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the UCONN Athletic Dept. assumes that if you are a fan of the Men's team you are automatically a fan of the women's team.

Well I'm not.

I personally hate that the men and the woman have been thrown together for "First Night".

It is two different teams with two different fan bases.

It was sooo much better waiting until Midnight to kick it off. Seeing what recruits were there and what former players may be in attendance.

When the men used to scrimmage it was fun to see the new guys up close for the first time too.

I used to like the dunk competition too watching JC grimmace as one of his star players tried to jump over another teammate or chair or go all Dr. J ala ABA and run the length of the court to throw one down.

Now 'First Night" has the feel of an 8th grade dance without the punch bowl and cupcakes. No drama no nothing .

Both fanbases having to endure watching the other team do their thing starting at 7 pm.

It's just not the same.

Reaction Score
Kahari Beaufort will be attending midnight madness this year. He attended last year as well.

Reaction Score
What's the story with Beaufort? I read he transferred back to CT., seems like he's been to several different high schools, are his grades an issue and what is UConn's interest? Pretty sure we haven't offered yet but not sure.

Reaction Score
What's the story with Beaufort? I read he transferred back to CT., seems like he's been to several different high schools, are his grades an issue and what is UConn's interest? Pretty sure we haven't offered yet but not sure.
Alright this is the scoop on Kahari. He is most likely committing I the spring. He is down to five which is UConn, Baylor, Maryland, Providence, and Drexel. He is planning on going to our midnight madness. He said that he believes that he has offers from all five but wasn't 100% sure that he had a UConn offer. He might officially visit all five but is not positive in that yet.

Reaction Score
3uconn, thanks. I've yet to see him play, 2 more questions do you like his game and can you describe his game a bit?

Reaction Score
I would love to get this kid to UConn. I have never seen him play my self but he has a good shot from deep and can get to the rim. He can really score the ball. He also is a good defender and he takes pride I his game which I like.

Reaction Score
Alright this is the scoop on Kahari. He is most likely committing I the spring. He is down to five which is UConn, Baylor, Maryland, Providence, and Drexel. He is planning on going to our midnight madness. He said that he believes that he has offers from all five but wasn't 100% sure that he had a UConn offer. He might officially visit all five but is not positive in that yet.

this is the second kid to say that. is this odd?

Reaction Score
I think the UCONN Athletic Dept. assumes that if you are a fan of the Men's team you are automatically a fan of the women's team.

Well I'm not.

I personally hate that the men and the woman have been thrown together for "First Night".

It is two different teams with two different fan bases.

It was sooo much better waiting until Midnight to kick it off. Seeing what recruits were there and what former players may be in attendance.

When the men used to scrimmage it was fun to see the new guys up close for the first time too.

I used to like the dunk competition too watching JC grimmace as one of his star players tried to jump over another teammate or chair or go all Dr. J ala ABA and run the length of the court to throw one down.

Now 'First Night" has the feel of an 8th grade dance without the punch bowl and cupcakes. No drama no nothing .

Both fanbases having to endure watching the other team do their thing starting at 7 pm.

It's just not the same.
I don't agree with you. I am thankful that we have the Uconn women to cheer for. I am first and foremost a Red Sox fan and a Uconn basketball fan. I have two degrees from Uconn and I grew up in Connecticut although I now live in San Diego. My Red Sox have gone from being one of the elite teams to arguably the worst team in baseball. They are very difficult to watch and I am thankful that the season will be over tonight. Sometimes at the end of the year, you get to see the future when some of the minor leaguers are brought up. This can often bring hope. Watching the Red Sox young players only brings despair. They cannot hit at all and only one of them can field. The pitchers are terrible.
The Uconn men's team has been devastated over the past year. One year ago we were thinking two NC's is a row. Now we have a coach who has never coached before and a weak roster that will be lucky to win half of their games. I will be rooting for Kevin Ollie and I do think he is the right man for the job but I hope that we don't ask for his head when we lose five straight. Add to the problems, the Big East conference. Two years ago it was clearly the best conference in all of basketball. Now we are probably on a par with the Atlantic Ten. I don't see how that will help recruiting.
So please don't dis the Uconn women. They are all the hope I have left.:( Geno has a tremendous team that has an excellent chance to de-thrown Baylor and win the NC title again. If it wasn't for them, I would be turning my attention to the opera or maybe even ballet. :eek:

Reaction Score
I don't agree with you. I am thankful that we have the Uconn women to cheer for. I am first and foremost a Red Sox fan and a Uconn basketball fan. I have two degrees from Uconn and I grew up in Connecticut although I now live in San Diego. My Red Sox have gone from being one of the elite teams to arguably the worst team in baseball. They are very difficult to watch and I am thankful that the season will be over tonight. Sometimes at the end of the year, you get to see the future when some of the minor leaguers are brought up. This can often bring hope. Watching the Red Sox young players only brings despair. They cannot hit at all and only one of them can field. The pitchers are terrible.
The Uconn men's team has been devastated over the past year. One year ago we were thinking two NC's is a row. Now we have a coach who has never coached before and a weak roster that will be lucky to win half of their games. I will be rooting for Kevin Ollie and I do think he is the right man for the job but I hope that we don't ask for his head when we lose five straight. Add to the problems, the Big East conference. Two years ago it was clearly the best conference in all of basketball. Now we are probably on a par with the Atlantic Ten. I don't see how that will help recruiting.
So please don't dis the Uconn women. They are all the hope I have left.:( Geno has a tremendous team that has an excellent chance to de-thrown Baylor and win the NC title again. If it wasn't for them, I would be turning my attention to the opera or maybe even ballet. :eek:

All i'm saying is some people don't want the men's team to always be lumped together with the women's team for every event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom