Middle Tennessee email to Mike Aresco | The Boneyard

Middle Tennessee email to Mike Aresco

Reaction Score
As we lick our wounds over the non offer by the Big 12, after reading the email from Middle Tennessee's AD to Mike Aresco it proved the superiority of the American. It will make most of you feel a little better for about 5 minutes anyway. Enjoy! Don't know if it's real. It looks like it's authentic anyway.

EXCLUSIVE: Email shows MTSU wants to join American Athletic Conference

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol he's touting MTSU's influence in Nashville.

I was in Nashville the day MTSU played Vanderbilt at Vanderbilt- which is in, of all places, Nashville. Guess who local TV was covering that day and the locals were excited to watch play?

Tennessee.

They were playing in Bristol against VT. I literally didn't see a single person in Nashville that day wearing any MTSU gear (or Vandy gear for that matter) despite the fact that I was literally on the Vanderbilt campus during the game to see the campus and then went to a local bar 1/4 of a mile off campus to drink and watch other games. (Obv people in Vandy gear on campus but the very second I got off campus - nothing)

Reaction Score
It is legit. Doesn't make me feel better in the least.

It's kind of like having an ugly girlfriend you can't stand that some other guy wants to date. I get it. I said 5 min.

Reaction Score
It's kind of like having an ugly girlfriend you can't stand that some other guy wants to date.

Husky upside down.jpg

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Confident Carl ? You are very pollyannish with most posts and it is good to be optimistic. But posting that dregs want to be on the misfit island with us is not helping.
MTSU and Ga Southern and UMass are decent 1AA foes from the past who have not made the commitment or pedigree to be with us. Stop

Reaction Score
Confident Carl ? You are very pollyannish with most posts and it is good to be optimistic. But posting that dregs want to be on the misfit island with us is not helping.
MTSU and Ga Southern and UMass are decent 1AA foes from the past who have not made the commitment or pedigree to be with us. Stop

Dear AHole86, I mean Alum86: (sorry Freudian Slip)

Until UCONN can win the American Athletic Conference Championship in Football,something we have never done. Noone at UCONN should be calling other teams Dregs. We got beat by Conference USA Marshall in last years St. Petersburg bowl. I have always tried to shed a little optimism on some of the dark dreary days, guilty as charged. Sorry but your BS post made me do it.

Sincerely,

Polyanna

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not about to bash Middle Tennessee State for trying to get themselves into a better position.

Conference USA's television contract went from just-worse-than-the-AAC to positively horrific.

I hope they dance on John Skipper's grave right after we're done.

Reaction Score
It actually kind of makes me go "aww" really though good for them to at least try. Very cute

Reaction Score
I can't help but think this is a big joke.
Middle Tennessee and Uconn?

Is it possible for the state to boycott ESPN?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
CR - it's like a bad nightmare, except you never wake up from it.

Middle Tennessee? Just kill me now and get it over with. Head bang

Reaction Score
If anything, maybe Umass could be a smart move for AAC.
Yes, they would be a challenge in recruiting but how about having another populated northeastern flagship university being blocked and having state taxpayers subsidize the likes of wake forest, duke, and bc.

Reaction Score
Just a question so I can get a better grasp of the psyche here. How many of you eat well and excercise?

Reaction Score
No! He1l no!

I want nothing to do with UMass. If they've a beef, they can take it up with the BC alums on beacon hill. There's no other state that has put a small private school ahead of their state u. UMass' problem is Mass.

QUOTE="Marty Jackson, : 1852238, member: 2291"]If anything, maybe Umass could be a smart move for AAC.
Yes, they would be a challenge in recruiting but how about having another populated northeastern flagship university being blocked and having state taxpayers subsidize the likes of wake forest, duke, and bc.[/QUOTE]

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Add UMass, I want a regional rival. If we can honestly pretend we care about UCF, than it should be easier to care about UMass. I'm not sure if they bring any value to a conference, but for us, there is a few positives.

1. The rivalry- We don't have rivals anymore, nobody cares about the Civil Conflict, not us, nor UCF fans. Maybe in a better league UMass could strengthen their athletics to a level acceptable enough to make this regional game interesting.
2. Proximity- Having another school in New England means an easy game to travel for away games. We could sell Boston recruits on playing games in their home state, which should make New England even easier for us to recruit.
3. BC- More competition in state will make it even harder for their sorry athletics program to succeed. UMass would have an easier time winning recruiting battles for in state recruits against BC, which will make it harder on them. This reason doesn't really benefit us in much a way, so you can disregard it if you please.

Reaction Score

This " Dreg" just beat Missouri 51-45!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Add UMass if it will get us more media money. If not, then don't add them. Their staff know what they are doing comparing to ours.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Good Carl. Continue on with your freaky Blue Raider fetish.

Reaction Score
My requirement to Middle Tennessee is to first change their name. Just ain't our thing. Tennessee Poly? And take the entire thing and move out of Murfreesboro to like Dolly's world HQ.

Seriously, while we hate Tulane-Tulsa-SMU, they take us to better markets. That has to have some value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom