Mickey Mouse Operation | The Boneyard

Mickey Mouse Operation

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

First the offensive line coach is the offensive coordinator because everyone else quit.

Second mix in a recruiting budget.

This is a joke. Fund the frigging program.

Reaction Score
What’s your point - you want him to fly to Philly then rent a car?
Medic, that’s exactly what I was thinking when I read the post. Listen, everyone is entitled to their view point. But to start a thread pointing out that somehow what he’s doing shows a low class budget, I know for a fact that some PSU coaches would drive to CT because it just makes more sense since you will need a car anyways to hit several schools and it’s not a crazy long drive-like 5 hours
Is the UConn program deliriously short on funds? Yes. But this thread is overkill.

Reaction Score
When you factor in the time it takes to travel to Bradley, go through the boarding process, sitting on the tarmac, flight time, sitting on the tarmac in PA, retrieving your bags, renting a car and then driving to your real destination, in total, it probably takes longer to fly to PA than to drive to it and if two people are going you just saved a lot of money by driving.

Reaction Score

First the offensive line coach is the offensive coordinator because everyone else quit.

Second mix in a recruiting budget.

This is a joke. Fund the frigging program.

You’re the joke

I know lots of high quality sales guys. Investment bankers. They drive. Nice car - Masters/Podcast. Deep in thought.

And Giufre could - at this time of year - have 3 to 5 stops in that general geographic region.

Hey look at me: I can whine about all kinds of piddly crap.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I mean SEC teams, have bag men with planes so can’t compare us with them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What’s your point - you want him to fly to Philly then rent a car?

I’ll treat this response as serious.

Yes. Obviously that is the point. Nobody important in an organization drives from Hartford to Phili.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You’re the joke

I know lots of high quality sales guys. Investment bankers. They drive. Nice car - Masters/Podcast. Deep in thought.

And Giufre could - at this time of year - have 3 to 5 stops in that general geographic region.

Hey look at me: I can whine about all kinds of piddly crap.

You are the perfect brand of loser for this program.

Reaction Score

Yes. Obviously that is the point. Nobody important in an organization drives from Hartford to Phili.

It was a serious question... If he was driving to Pittsburgh you might have a point. It’s negligible from a total time standpoint (i did it for almost three years on a regular basis) and probably makes more sense if he hopping from school to school during the trip back.

There’s a lot to be critical of... this isn’t one I would have picked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was a serious question... If he was driving to Pittsburgh you might have a point. It’s negligible from a total time standpoint (i did it for almost three years on a regular basis) and probably makes more sense if he hopping from school to school during the trip back.

There’s a lot to be critical of... this isn’t one I would have picked.

Disagree. I have driven to Phili for work dozens of times. Flying is both faster and eliminates traffic risk in NYC and Jersey.

Reaction Score

Disagree. I have driven to Phili for work dozens of times. Flying is both faster and eliminates traffic risk in NYC and Jersey.

I think the ? here is where in PA. He never says Philly...does he? I spend a ton of time in PA, and unless you are specifically going to Philly, the overall airport locations in that state are a problem. PHL is south of Philly, and to fly there from Bradley and then head 3+ hrs back north to spots in central and NEPA make it useless. Other than the enjoyment of Scranton/Wilkes Barre airport (note sarcasm), if you are headed to most of PA from CT its actually easier to drive. 84W to 81/80 are boring as heck, but never any traffic.
The underfunding of the program is a whole other issue entirely.

Reaction Score
Perhaps the guy doesn’t like flying all that much. Maybe he loves to drive. Perhaps there’s a family member along the route that he wants to see where he wouldn’t be able to if he flew. Hey man, we’ve definitely had our fair share and generally I do agree with a lot of your criticisms- probably most of them but you’re making a lot of assumptions with absolutely no knowledge of the man’s personal preferences whatsoever.
This thread was fueled by your disdain for where the program is and how it’s operating and nothing more. Purely emotional.
Maybe the mods can take this one down

Reaction Score
1555272194410.png

I saw him passing through Stamford! ;)
The self proclaimed Head Happy Hour Coach ??? With the constant power of negativity it sounds more like having a brew or two with the devil and the grim reaper.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Guifre must have omitted the fact that the 5 hour drive was AFTER the Lear jet ride to Tuscaloosa National Airport. I'm sure that's what must have happened. ;) So the creator of this post jumped the gun a wee bit. "Let's Get Him!!"
angry mob cartoon.jpeg

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Not sure how old you are but you're not even close to being maybe right.

Reaction Score
Taking 84E you don’t have to hit NYC traffic you briefly go through Westchester and Putnam County and you totally avoid NJ. Once you get into PA you take 80 to 476 and head south
Not sure which way you commuted to Philly but you were advised incorrectly.
Sounds like you took 95 which is a poop show

Reaction Score
I've driven from Hartford to Washington, DC (and vice versa) quite often. I take 84 to 684 to Saw Mill Pkwy cross the GW and go down the NJ turnpike to 95. Takes me around six hours. Two hours from DC to Delaware Memorial Bridge. Two hours form DMB to GW Bridge. Two Hours GW Bridge to Hartford. No stops. Slightly above the speed limit. It's about 340 miles.

The same route to Philly is about 220 miles. Four hours should be plenty of time, less really.

Reaction Score
Taking 84E you don’t have to hit NYC traffic you briefly go through Westchester and Putnam County and you totally avoid NJ. Once you get into PA you take 80 to 476 and head south
Not sure which way you commuted to Philly but you were advised incorrectly.
Sounds like you took 95 which is a poop show

I’m betting you never drove that route to Philly... if you did - you pissed off Siri somewhere along the way and she laughed @ you the whole time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom