Mickey Grace (Needs It's Own Thread) | The Boneyard

Mickey Grace (Needs It's Own Thread)

Reaction Score
Looks like good hire but the video mentions her last role as coaching the defensive line and this role is working with receivers. Is this a full time position?

From the New Haven Register article it sounds like she really wanted to work with Mora. Welcome aboard Mickey.

Reaction Score
Looks like good hire but the video mentions her last role as coaching the defensive line and this role is working with receivers. Is this a full time position?

From the New Haven Register article it sounds like she really wanted to work with Mora. Welcome aboard Mickey.
Wasn't there a few coaches recently that was mostly known as a defensive coach, but his teams always were high scoring teams? I'm not being a troll here, I'm genuinely asking because I swear I remember reading an article about this, but I can't seem to find it.

Reaction Score

From the New Haven Register article it sounds like she really wanted to work with Mora. Welcome aboard Mickey
Looks full time, but not on the field. She, herself, seems nervous about the move to offense, but knows it's part of her development.

Which is of paramount importance as UConn installs its new offense, which was the side of the ball that was foreign to Grace throughout her career as a player, a coach and a trainer.

“I was horrified,” she admits, “but apparently, all the good coaches do this at least once in their career – they switch. But I trained some NFL athletes and a lot of them were defensive backs and linebackers. So, it’s nice that I knew enough about DBs and linebackers to now incorporate that into my wide receivers’ study. It’s not as terrifying as I thought it was going to be.

“But it’s spring ball, at a new facility with a new playbook, in a new position on a new side of the ball, with a new head coach --- you kind of feel like you’re drowning, until you look up and realize you’ve been swimming the whole time.”

Reaction Score
the truth is ... for anyone entering a position for an industry (any) at an age before 30, you should be prepared to play / learn both sides of the field/business. Just do it. A long time ago, I got hired or a training program at GE and they sent me to be an Auditor. As anyone with perspective, that was a position that many took and rose to great jumping off points in a short time. Why be an Auditor before age 30 and lecturing senior managers on why they are screwing up or what cost savings are possible or making compliance comments per policy? It is just a tried and true arc within GE for great responsibility in a very near term.

Just use the word "horrified" sparingly.

Reaction Score
I like it for the energy. She seems to be a real go getter earning her way to respect. It’s says anybody gets a shot if they are willing to work at it and get after it.

Reaction Score
I like it. She’s willing to get out of her comfort zone. Plus working for Mora will open many doors for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom