OT - Michigan State's Schadenfreude About NJIT-UM May End Spectacularly | The Boneyard

OT - Michigan State's Schadenfreude About NJIT-UM May End Spectacularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Down 1 to 1-8 Texas Southern on ESPNU in the last 20 seconds.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Texas Southern has been smacked by every team this year... Overtime

Reaction Score
The number of cupcake December game upsets this year has to be some kind of record.

Reaction Score
But guys, SMU's win over Michigan is super impressive and will save the league.

Reaction Score
The bubble is going to be super soft yet again. The people who think we'd be left out of the tournament with 23 or so wins are simply mistaken.

Reaction Score
The number of cupcake December game upsets this year has to be some kind of record.

Yeah for whatever reason we're not the only pre-season ranked team sitting at 4+ losses right now with bizarre at-home upsets to supposed cupcakes.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The bubble is going to be super soft yet again. The people who think we'd be left out of the tournament with 23 or so wins are simply mistaken.
Lotta season left my good fellow. Let the chips fall where they may.

caw

Reaction Score
Much weaker year this year than last aside from UK.

UK looks very good (hate saying that)
Duke has a great starting five but serious depth issues. I would put serious money on last years UConn team over that team right now.
Wiscy looks solid again but slow at guard. Duke made them look slow and UConn made Duke look slow.
UL has a very good defense and maybe with their recruit becoming eligible their scoring will come around but man they seem to have chemistry issues.
Texas needs their PG back to be a contender but still Barnes...
Zona has a ton of talent and Miller gets a ton of good press but it just seems he should have made a FF by now with the talent on his team.

Very flat after that. Heck a mediocre Nova team is ranked seventh.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Izzo after the loss: "That was a coaching loss, and I take full responsibility for it. And I plan on rectifying it starting at 8:30 tomorrow morning... ...I'm gonna find out what the NCAA will legally allow me to practice tomorrow and probably exceed it, that's what I'm gonna try to do. I'm not gonna emphasize anything but what we're gonna play harder, we're gonna play smarter and we're gonna come ready to play."

How can he call it a coaching loss, then blame not playing hard enough or smart enough?

Reaction Score
Much weaker year this year than last aside from UK.

UK looks very good (hate saying that)
Duke has a great starting five but serious depth issues. I would put serious money on last years UConn team over that team right now.
Wiscy looks solid again but slow at guard. Duke made them look slow and UConn made Duke look slow.
UL has a very good defense and maybe with their recruit becoming eligible their scoring will come around but man they seem to have chemistry issues.
Texas needs their PG back to be a contender but still Barnes...
Zona has a ton of talent and Miller gets a ton of good press but it just seems he should have made a FF by now with the talent on his team.

Very flat after that. Heck a mediocre Nova team is ranked seventh.

UVa and Gonzaga are two teams that I think are very good. UVa, especially, is going to be a real threat to win the ACC (again).

Reaction Score
Who would you rather be right now? Mich St, Mich, Cuse, UCLA, Florida, Memphis or us? A lot of decent programs looking up hill.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"Losing this game to 1-8 Texas Southern was a stroke of pure genius by Tom Izzo. He's always teaching." - ESPN.

I really want this quote to be real because it's perfect.

pj

Reaction Score
I really want this quote to be real because it's perfect.

The one that would be perfect: "Losing to Connecticut in the Final Four for the 3rd time in 5 years was a stroke of pure genius by John Calipari. It demonstrated to his players that teamwork and self-sacrifice build champions."

Reaction Score
23-7? That would be 19-3 the rest of the way....love the optimism but realistically looking at maybe 21-9 (17-5 rest of way)...can't really expect better than 14-4 conference record and spilt with Fla/Stanford.

Best case....win AAC tourney & don't need at-large bid....think we are about 50/50 to do this...in Hartford, team should be better in March.

Best case at-large....23-7, (16-2), split FL/Stanford, 2-1 in AAC tourney....a lock for at-large.

Realistic at-large....21-9, (14-4), split FL/Stanford, 2-1 AAC tourney....probably good enough.

Worst case at-large...19-11, (12-6), split FL/Stanford, 1-1 AAC tourney....Bubble probably burst.

Obviously there is "space" between scenarios...I think we'll get in but need to play all the games first and our margin for error is shrinking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
23-7? That would be 19-3 the rest of the way....love the optimism but realistically looking at maybe 21-9 (17-5 rest of way)...can't really expect better than 14-4 conference record and spilt with Fla/Stanford.

Best case....win AAC tourney & don't need at-large bid....think we are about 50/50 to do this...in Hartford, team should be better in March.

Best case at-large....23-7, (16-2), split FL/Stanford, 2-1 in AAC tourney....a lock for at-large.

Realistic at-large....21-9, (14-4), split FL/Stanford, 2-1 AAC tourney....probably good enough.

Worst case at-large...19-11, (12-6), split FL/Stanford, 1-1 AAC tourney....Bubble probably burst.

Obviously there is "space" between scenarios...I think we'll get in but need to play all the games first and our margin for error is shrinking.

I wasn't trying to guess how many games we'll win. Just saying there are plenty of people here who think we'd be left out of the tourney with that many wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom