Michigan State, anyone? | The Boneyard

Michigan State, anyone?

Reaction Score
Michigan State? They're undefeated; they average 100 ppg; they pull down 50+ rebounds pg. Wow! They've done in the likes of Lake Superior State, Robert Morris, Oakland, College of Charleston, and Detroit Mercy. Mercy! (These are all teams Brenda is considering as “confidence builders” for the future.)

MS's leading scorer is 35-year old Taya Reimer (15 ppg). Yes, the same Taya who transferred from ND, then didn't transfer, then transferred. She seems to have been around for decades. The Spartans also have a SC transfer.

So? Should we worry? Dunno. Think about 40 point spread sounds right? For us, of course. That's on ESPN3 at 3PM Saturday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Michigan State? They're undefeated; they average 100 ppg; they pull down 50+ rebounds pg. Wow! They've done in the likes of Lake Superior State, Robert Morris, Oakland, College of Charleston, and Detroit Mercy. Mercy! (These are all teams Brenda is considering as “confidence builders” for the future.)

MS's leading scorer is 35-year old Taya Reimer (15 ppg). Yes, the same Taya who transferred from ND, then didn't transfer, then transferred. She seems to have been around for decades. The Spartans also have a SC transfer.

So? Should we worry? Dunno. Think about 40 point spread sounds right? For us, of course. That's on ESPN3 at 3PM Saturday.

I think you meant Duh - No. :rolleyes::D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Shay Colley spent a semester at South Carolina before transferring to Pitt mid-season and then moving on to Michigan State. Colley played with Kia on Team Canada in the AmeriCup tournament in July.

Nia Holley is from Minneapolis and played for Hopkins HS, Paige Bueckers's current school.

UConn showed interest in Lexi Gussert but she chose not to visit and committed to MSU.

Sidney Cooks played USA BB with Megan Walker.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

This won’t be a competitive game, but I’m curious to see if former top 5 recruit Taya Reimer can hold her own inside against Williams/Collier/Stevens. She has struggled to live up to expectations besides a solid 2nd half of her sophomore season.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Wow, Taya Reimer is still playing? I think of her as Bria/Stef's age.

Reaction Score
I just asked this on the other thread about MSU: Reimer is listed in their first game box score, but I didnt see her in the stats for the other games. Did I just read too quickly or did she not play--and if not, why not?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

It is also on SNY.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Taya is part of that 2013 class, the class seemingly with commitment issues.
Six of the top nine players in ESPN from 2013 are still playing:
1) Mercedes Russell (injury)
4) Taya Reimer
5) Linnae Harper

6) Rebecca Greenwell
8) Jannah Tucker
9) Tyler Scaife

Three of the top nine still had NCAA eligibility for this season and could be still playing:
2) Kaela Davis
3)Diamond DeShields
7) Allisha Gray

Other Notable transfers in the class
14) Jessica Washington
15) Lexie Brown
19) Ieshia Small
23) Stephanie Mavunga
31) Imani Wright
Natalie Butler

Reaction Score
I just asked this on the other thread about MSU: Reimer is listed in their first game box score, but I didnt see her in the stats for the other games. Did I just read too quickly or did she not play--and if not, why not?
She hasn't played the last two games after averaging 15ppg and 5rpg. There is no mention on the schools website as to reason why she hasn't played. I suspect if it was an injury the website would have had something on it. Candidly, you just never know with Taya.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

40 points until Geno takes the air out of the ball in the 4th or the end of the 3rd. Then the number hits my prediction.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

She was in the same class as Saniya Chong (2013).

Coincidentally that is the class that the top players are (or could be) still around as a lot of the top 10 transferred. (as I complied the list I stopped at 31 but could have kept going! Wow!!!) The number is the Hoopgurlz 2013 Class Ranking! Interesting Class.

1. Mercedes Russell (5th year senior still at Tennessee)
2. Kaela Davis (started at Georgia Tech then transferred to South Carolina. Had 1 year remaining)
3. Diamond Deshields (started at North Carolina then transferred to Tennessee. Had 1 year remaining<was gonna stay and didn't> and is playing professionally.
4. Taya Reimer (started at Notre Dame and then transferred to Michigan State)
5. Linnae Harper (started at Kentucky and then transferred to Ohio State)
6. Rebecca Greenwell (5th year Senior still at Duke)
7. Alisha Gray (started at North Carolina then transferred to South Carolina. Had 1 year of eligibility left but went into draft)
8. Jannah Tucker (started at Tennessee and is currently at Villanova)
9. Tyler Scaife (5th year Senior at Rutgers)

14. Jessica Washington (started out at North Carolina then transferred to Kansas. Missing the 2017-18 season due to torn ACL so she will likely be back for a 6th year)
15. Lexie Brown (started out at Maryland then transferred to Duke)
16. Rebekah Dahlman (started out at Vanderbilt. Grad transferred to Depaul)
18. Raigyne Moncrief (5th year Senior at LSU)
19. Iesha Small (started at Baylor and transferred to Maryland)
23. Stephanie Mavunga (started out at North Carolina and transferred to Ohio State)
31. Imana Wright (started out at Baylor and transferred to Florida State)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Couldn't help myself. Had to keep going

34. Teanna Muldrow (5th year senior at West Virginia)
39. Kristina Nelson (5th year senior at Notre Dame)
41. Nigia Greene (started out at Miami and transferred to Rutgers)
48. AJ Alix (grad transferred from TCU to Florida State)
49. Roshunda Johnson (started out at Oklahoma State and then transferred to Mississippi State)
53. Diamond Lockhart (started out at Texas Tech and transferred to Wichita State)
56. Jada Terry (started out at TAMU and transferred to Texas Tech)
62. Kylee Smith (started out at Vanderbilt and transferred to Belmont)
84. Lindsey Spann (started at Penn State and grad transferred to South Carolina)
90. China Dow (started at MTSU and transferred to Florida Gulf Coast)

I may have missed a few but the 2013 was an interesting class.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Weird. Almost the entire class transferred or redshirted at their original school.

Reaction Score
UConn should be up by 4o+ by the start of the 4th, The sophs and frosh could play the entire 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
As Laettner said...

"On any given night the best team in the world can be beaten".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It was suggested by several posters that the games on this road trip would get progressively easier.
Michigan State is not a talented as UCLA, nor are they ranked. They've played 4 mid-majors to this point. Three of them at home. UConn should prevail in this one.

Reaction Score
What is the problem with Michigan St playing some weak teams to start the year?

They are an ok team that hit one of the last at large buds to last years tournament. They want to build some confidence heading into games against UConn, Miami, and a big 10 conference where they will be a middle/above middle team.

Yeesh.
It’s gonna be a long season around here.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Michigan State men beat Uconn's men yesterday. I'm believing today it will be the other way around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom