Michigan St @ #11 Michigan - 2/16/21

Who will win this game?

• Michigan St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
25-19 Mich with 8:00 left in 2nd. Mich has led by double digits. Hillmon with 12 on 5-6 shooting. She has the most efficient paint game I've seen since Collier.

Reaction Score
46-35 MICH at the half

Hillmon 20 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl

Reaction Score
Hillmon picks up her 4th foul just before the end of the third. That could make things interesting.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I wonder how it is that Michigan can get the ball to Hillmon, who is shorter than Ono, a lot easier than UConn can get the ball in the post to Ono. Most of the teams with a tall post, many shorter than Ono, seem to have an easier time getting the ball to them when they post up. Many of the posts are double and triple teamed. I wish Ono played with the energy and toughness with which Hillmon plays. She will be an AA if she ever does.

Reaction Score
I wonder how it is that Michigan can get the ball to Hillmon, who is shorter than Ono, a lot easier than UConn can get the ball in the post to Ono. Most of the teams with a tall post, many shorter than Ono, seem to have an easier time getting the ball to them when they post up. Many of the posts are double and triple teamed. I wish Ono played with the energy and toughness with which Hillmon plays. She will be an AA if she ever does.
I think your correct. I think it's more on ONO. She need to work on that part of her game. You would think with an extremely talented PG in Bueckers she should have plenty of opportunities in the post.

Maryland has had several successful low post players (Brionna and Stephanie Jones plus Shakira Austin) and they never had an issue getting the ball in the low post.

Reaction Score
Saw a picture of Hillmon in her freshman days. The commitment she's made to get into the shape she is in now.....WOW.

And to think she has one more season. I do not envy the Big 10 teams having to face her next year.

Reaction Score
Hillmon relishes contact, she posts up hard. I think ONO does post up but she is also more willing to float out on the perimeter and score through jump shots, which Hillmon is not doing as often. Also Michigan does not have as many scoring threats so they will pass it more to make sure Naz gets a touch while if ONO is not open well Paige can get someone else an open look

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Hillmon relishes contact, she posts up hard. I think ONO does post up but she is also more willing to float out on the perimeter and score through jump shots, which Hillmon is not doing as often. Also Michigan does not have as many scoring threats so they will pass it more to make sure Naz gets a touch while if ONO is not open well Paige can get someone else an open look
I would think the fact that Michigan does not have many scoring threats would make it harder for the guards to get Hillmon the ball because the defense could afford to collapse on her. In fact they do but, Hillmon still gets the ball in a scoring position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom