OT: Michigan basketball coaching search is speeding up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Michigan basketball coaching search is speeding up

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reading the rest of his tweets this guy is off his rocker.

Who? Kevin McNamara? He's been covering college hoops a long time and does a good job of it. He's definitely plugged in at PC.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Who? Kevin McNamara? He's been covering college hoops a long time and does a good job of it. He's definitely plugged in at PC.

No Tom Penders

Reaction Score
Sounds like Warde's gonna hire a basketball coach with no head coaching experience again

Reaction Score
My guess is Cooley didn’t get an offer. Otherwise there is no chance he turns down Michigan. As far as the tweets from NBA guys we got the same nonsense when Ollie was hired. Those guys don’t get that coaching college isn’t the same as in the NBA. But when you read a guy withdrew from consideration that normally means the AD at the new school called and said “Thanks for coming in but we’ve decided to go in a different direction”.

Reaction Score
My guess is Cooley didn’t get an offer. Otherwise there is no chance he turns down Michigan. As far as the tweets from NBA guys we got the same nonsense when Ollie was hired. Those guys don’t get that coaching college isn’t the same as in the NBA. But when you read a guy withdrew from consideration that normally means the AD at the new school called and said “Thanks for coming in but we’ve decided to go in a different direction”.

Ok let’s mash those sour grapes and make some good whine.

Reaction Score
I like this hire.

Not so much if I were a Michigan fan. I just like the hire because it will make for added entertainment as a college basketball fan.

If I were a Michigan fan I'd be screaming bloody murder that my school didn't poach someone elses head coach. The problem is that Ed Cooley was not the caliber that Michigan fans believe they deserve.

Reaction Score
Here is a list of current or recent college head coaches who played a number of years in the NBA:

Larry Krystkowiak, Johnny Dawkins, Aaron McKie, Danny Manning, Kevin Ollie, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullen, Penny Hardaway, Donyell Marshall, Fred Hoiberg, Damon Stoudamire, Scott Padgett, Jerry Stackhouse.

It looks like Holberg has had the best run so far, but I think it is tough to go from an NBA player to a college head coach.

Reaction Score
2 names:

Zhaire Wade
Bronny Jr
Take a second and think if LeBron an Ohio man who says he would have gone to OSU had he went to college, would sign off on his kid going to Michigan.

Reaction Score
Here is a list of current or recent college head coaches who played a number of years in the NBA:

Larry Krystkowiak, Johnny Dawkins, Aaron McKie, Danny Manning, Kevin Ollie, Clyde Drexler, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullen, Penny Hardaway, Donyell Marshall, Fred Hoiberg, Damon Stoudamire, Scott Padgett, Jerry Stackhouse.

It looks like Holberg has had the best run so far, but I think it is tough to go from an NBA player to a college head coach.

You forgot Thunder Dan Majerle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom