Michelle Clark Heard at Cincinnati | The Boneyard

Michelle Clark Heard at Cincinnati

Reaction Score
Went 24-11 and guided UC to the WNIT quarterfinals. She is lining up a nice 2020 class with #80 RIane Burton, Jillian Hayes, who Heard beat out UCF and Kentucky for and today local Cinn product Clarissa Craig, a post who chose UC over Mich, WV, Purdue and more. Since when does Cinn beat out winning Power 5 programs for players?
Way to go Coach Heard!
Last year Cinn lost to UConn by only 10 at home at Cinn 55-45. Unheard of close score compared to 95% of UConns previous AAC games. How often does any team hold UConn to 55? MCH teams are hard nosed.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Went 24-11 and guided UC to the WNIT quarterfinals. She is lining up a nice 2020 class with #80 RIane Burton, Jillian Hayes, who Heard beat out UCF and Kentucky for and today local Cinn product Clarissa Craig, a post who chose UC over Mich, WV, Purdue and more. Since when does Cinn beat out winning Power 5 programs for players?
Way to go Coach Heard!
Last year Cinn lost to UConn by only 10 at home at Cinn 55-45. Unheard of close score compared to 95% of UConns previous AAC games. How often does any team hold UConn to 55? MCH teams are hard nosed.
She's impressed so far. Second place in the AAC could be a decent fight between Cincinnati, UCF and USF. All 3 of them can reasonably aspire to reach the NCAA tournament, but it's tough to know for sure.

At this rate, within one or two years Clark-Heard will likely be poached by a power 5 school that'll pay her at least twice what she's making now.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Prior to last season at Cincinnati, she had an excellent run at Western Kentucky, her alma mater; compiling an overall 154-47 record (.766) and getting them to the NCAA's four times. ND entered into a home and home with the Hilltoppers and went to a Kentucky for a tought match in 2017, Clark-Heard's last season before heading up to the Queen City.

I had forgotten she spent five years under Jeff Walz at Louisville, working with players such as Angel McCoughtry and being part of the Louisville recruiting operation.
Michelle Clark-Heard - Women's Basketball Coach - University of Cincinnati Athletics

If she contines to have the kind of years she's had at Cincy and/or WKU, I could very much see her moving "up" to the P5 level: Hot-seat coaches beware.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Gossip before she went to Cinci was that she had a bright future.

Having success at Cinci, as a second school, as well as the experience at a P5 as an assistant should position her well. It is "building your resume" to the max.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would have thought a thread about Cincinnati would have been verboten on this website...I am writing a list of all your names to give to Geno...I especially have my eye on you @Plebe aka Judas. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Prior to last season at Cincinnati, she had an excellent run at Western Kentucky, her alma mater; compiling an overall 154-47 record (.766) and getting them to the NCAA's four times. ND entered into a home and home with the Hilltoppers and went to a Kentucky for a tought match in 2017, Clark-Heard's last season before heading up to the Queen City.

I had forgotten she spent five years under Jeff Walz at Louisville, working with players such as Angel McCoughtry and being part of the Louisville recruiting operation.
Michelle Clark-Heard - Women's Basketball Coach - University of Cincinnati Athletics

If she contines to have the kind of years she's had at Cincy and/or WKU, I could very much see her moving "up" to the P5 level: Hot-seat coaches beware.
Not only did she take WKU to the dance 4 times they gave a good 5th seed Texas a huge scare in 2015 (66-64 and Gooch had 25) as well 2017 (5th seed Ohio St 70-63) and 2014 2nd seed Baylor hung on 87-74 in a game that the outcome was still uncertain with 3 minutes left. Gooch had 23 for WKU. Nina Davis 32, Odyssey Syms 31.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I would have thought a thread about Cincinnati would have been verboten on this website...I am writing a list of all your names to give to Geno...I especially have my eye on you @Plebe aka Judas. :rolleyes:

Hah! Just include a snapshot of the Golden Dome icon and the whole list will be in the circular file! ;)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind if when CVS hangs it up that RU will give her a look.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind if when CVS hangs it up that RU will give her a look.

Not that this is about Felicia Legette-Jack or Rutgers, but I think FLJ would be perfect for taking over when CVS retires if they want to keep up that coach as a motherly figure trend, while still playing top notch basketball. Hell, I want FLJ to be in my personal cheering section.

Reaction Score
Not that this is about Felicia Legette-Jack or Rutgers, but I think FLJ would be perfect for taking over when CVS retires if they want to keep up that coach as a motherly figure trend, while still playing top notch basketball. Hell, I want FLJ to be in my personal cheering section.
Honestly, I think she could go to any P5 school and be successful. It’s incredicle how quickly she turned around Cincinnati. I really thought after she left Western Kentucky she was going to a P5 school.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think she could go to any P5 school and be successful. It’s incredicle how quickly she turned around Cincinnati. I really thought after she left Western Kentucky she was going to a P5 school.

If medium-term memory holds, the budget for the Women's Basketball team at W. Kentucky was targeted to be cut, resulting in staff losses. Sure enough that did happen (no Director of Basketball Operations?). And she headed north to Cincinnati.

Plus, Cincy offered a much better salary. There's supposedly a hot seat at Purdue this year.....stat tuned.

Reaction Score
If medium-term memory holds, the budget for the Women's Basketball team at W. Kentucky was targeted to be cut, resulting in staff losses. Sure enough that did happen (no Director of Basketball Operations?). And she headed north to Cincinnati.

Plus, Cincy offered a much better salary. There's supposedly a hot seat at Purdue this year.....stat tuned.
Right, but I thought there were actually a few P5 openings at the time so I was surprised she went there. Still amazing what she did. Any P5 would be lucky to grab her.

Reaction Score
MCH beat L’ville (she was asst there) at L’ville while she was the head coach for WKU. The year after Chastity Gooch graduated. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom