Micheal Porter Jr Wants out of Washington | The Boneyard

Micheal Porter Jr Wants out of Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Michael Porter to ask Washington for release
hDubC3rM

Maybe we can get lucky and sweep him up!!!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If this kid even considers Missouri, then his head is totally in the wrong place and we have zero shot at winning that race.

Reaction Score
If this kid even considers Missouri, then his head is totally in the wrong place and we have zero shot at winning that race.

He's got family connections, played high school basketball in Columbia before going to Seattle, and his father's got an offer to join the coaching staff.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His dad and the coach he committed to play for at Washington are now at Mizzu, that's where he'll end up.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
He's got family connections, played high school basketball in Columbia before going to Seattle, and his father's got an offer to join the coaching staff.
Yea I know the history, but it's just such a bad "basketball decision" for a player of his caliber to do his time there, even worse than committing early to UW in the first place, that it essentially makes his intentions clear as day and therefore a waste of time if we attempt to go after him. Otherwise you are right.

Reaction Score
Yea I know the history, but it's just such a bad "basketball decision" for a player of his caliber to do his time there, even worse than committing early to UW in the first place, that it essentially makes his intentions clear as day and therefore a waste of time if we attempt to go after him. Otherwise you are right.
Why is is a bad basketball decision? Simmons went to a bad school missed tourney was #1 pick, Fultz went to a bad school missed tourney will be #1 pick, and Porter will go to a bad school will miss the tourney and will be the #1 or 2 pick.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Why is is a bad basketball decision? Simmons went to a bad school missed tourney was #1 pick, Fultz went to a bad school missed tourney will be #1 pick, and Porter will go to a bad school will miss the tourney and will be the #1 or 2 pick.
I just feel like these schools with zero bball reputation don't help your game at all, even only being there for a year. Also I think we saw with Simmons that missing the tournament with all that hype behind you isn't a good look.

That being said, as long as you don't go to UConn no one will wonder about how many horsepower your "motor" has. /s *I kid I kid*

Reaction Score
I just feel like these schools with zero bball reputation don't help your game at all, even only being there for a year. Also I think we saw with Simmons that missing the tournament with all that hype behind you isn't a good look.

That being said, as long as you don't go to UConn no one will wonder about how many horsepower your "motor" has. /s *I kid I kid*
Well it was such a bad look for Simmons it ended in him being the #1 pick in the draft and $7.5 million dollar shoe deal (he turned down $10 mill from Addidas).

Mizzu has a weight room, a basketball court, and basketballs, that is all he needs for his 6 months in college.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Well it was such a bad look for Simmons it ended in him being the #1 pick in the draft and $7.5 million dollar shoe deal (he turned down $10 mill from Addidas).

Mizzu has a weight room, a basketball court, and basketballs, that is all he needs for his 6 months in college.
You are right it didn't hurt Simmons that much, but he was also an absolutely "can't miss" which is rare in a relatively weak draft. The noble experiment didn't work as well for guys like Malik Newman though as uncommon as it is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Missouri is as good a place as any for a one and done.

The family lives there, his sisters play for the school, his aunt coaches the women's basketball team...why wouldn't he go there?

Reaction Score
The only reason this kid is going to college is because he has to. Yeah, that's true with almost every one and done, but especially with Porter. Moo won a grand total of 2 conference games last year, and they lost more than 20. As much as it pains me to say this, Fishy is right.

Reaction Score
Missouri is as good a place as any for a one and done.

The family lives there, his sisters play for the school, his aunt coaches the women's basketball team...why wouldn't he go there?

Then why didn't he go there to begin with? I don't understand what makes these top level 1 and dones pick their school.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He played his jr. Hs yr for a Jefferson City, Mo. school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom