Michael Nebrick deserves a new thread on the BY. He earned it! | The Boneyard

Michael Nebrick deserves a new thread on the BY. He earned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda! Holly Crapolla, What was Paul Pasqualoni thinking???What was Gorge Deleone thinking???and what was Shane Day thinking??? I know what Joe Morehead was thinking! I always liked this kid. Good for you Michael, good for you! Congratulations! You too, Tubucky Jones, Jr!

10/16/14 - SEPT 22 PATRIOT LEAGUE OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: MIKE NEBRICH, FORDHAM Sr., QB, 6-1, 205; Burke, Va./Lake Braddock,...Nebrich was excellent in Fordham's 49-7 victory over Columbia on Saturday as he threw for 435 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions. The touchdown total tied his career high, and it was a school-record fifth 400-yard passing game for the senior. The 435-yard day tied for the 16th-best single-game outing in Patriot League history. Nebrich completed 32-of-48 passes in the game, with 27 of those completions for 379 yards and two touchdowns to the wide receiving trio of Tebucky Jones, Sam Ajala and Brian Wetzel. Nebrich threw a pair of second-quarter touchdown passes to give Fordham a 21-0 lead at the half, and two more in the fourth quarter to put the game away. He leads all active FCS players in career total offense and passing yards per game. Nebrich is named Corvias Patriot League Football Offensive Player of the Week for the first time this year and sixth in his career. - Patriot League football
10/16/14 - SEPT 29 PATRIOT LEAGUE OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: MIKE NEBRICH, FORDHAM Sr., QB, 6-1, 205; Burke, Va./Lake Braddock,...Nebrich had a second straight excellent outing to earn the Corvias Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week award once again after throwing for 315 yards and totaling five touchdowns in a 45-16 win for the Rams in the League opener at Holy Cross. Nebrich completed 32-of-42 passes for 315 yards and four touchdowns and also rushed for a score to lead the way. Nebrich has thrown for 750 yards and eight touchdowns with no interceptions in the past two games. He moved to second place on the Fordham career list with 48 touchdown passes, and stands second in the nation this season in both passing yards (1,451) and touchdowns (12). Nebrich is named Corvias Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week for the second straight time and seventh in the past two seasons. - Patriot League football
10/16/14 - OCT 6 PATRIOT LEAGUE OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: MIKE NEBRICH, FORDHAM Sr., QB, 6-1, 205; Burke, Va./Lake Braddock,...Nebrich receives the Corvias Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week award for the third straight time and eighth in his career after throwing for 287 yards and three scores in the Rams' 42-18 win over Lafa-yette on Friday evening. He completed 23-of-32 passes in the game, and has now gone 151 consecutive attempts without an interception. All of Nebrich's touchdown passes came in the second quarter as he hit Sam Ajala, Tebucky Jones and Brian Wetzel in a span of 3:38 to turn a 10-3 game into a 31-3 lead. The senior quarterback has completed 87-of-122 passes (71.3) for 1,037 yards and 11 touchdowns in the last three games. He is up to 51 career touchdowns, good for 10th place in Patriot League history and second on the Fordham list. Nebrich threw for more than 200 yards for the 15th time in his career. - Patriot League football
10/11/14 - Mike Nebrich threw for a school record 566 yards and tied a school record with six touchdown passes to lead Fordham to a 60-22 win over Pennsylvania on Saturday. Tebucky Jones Jr. had 10 catches for 203 yards and two touchdowns, and Chase Edmonds finished with 101 yards and a TD on the ground for Fordham (6-1, 2-0 Patriot). Nebrich had touchdown passes 37, 47, 80, 5, 5 and 9 yards. Sam Ajala finished with 199 yards on eight receptions, including the 80-yard score, to help the Rams offense accumulate 737 total yards. Alek Torgersen finished with 316 yards through the air with a touchdown to lead Penn (0-4, 0-1 Ivy). Penn finished with over 500 total yards, but was plagued by turnovers. Three of Penn's four giveaways came via Torgersen, including a fumble that was returned 11-yards by Fordham's DeAndre Slate for a touchdown. - AP Sports
10/07/14 - Mike Nebrich threw three touchdown passes in a 3:38 span late in the second quarter and Chase Edmonds ran for 187 yards and two scores to help Fordham beat Lafayette 42-18 on Friday night. The Rams (5-1, 2-0 Patriot League) have won four straight following a 50-6 loss at Villanova, also beating Rhode Island, Columbia and Holy Cross. Nebrich was 23 of 32 for 287 yards. Edmonds scored on runs of 44 and 8 yards and completed a pass to Dan Light for a 2-point conversion. The freshman has rushed for 910 yards in six games. He's averaging 151.7 yards a game and 7.1 a carry.
In the second-quarter spree, Nebrich threw touchdown passes of 9 yards to Sam Ajala, 24 to Tebucky Jones, and 58 to Brian Wetzel to make it 31-3. Wetzel finished with six catches for 115 yards, and Jones had seven receptions for 85 yards. Blake Searfoss was 18 of 32 for 190 yards and two touchdowns for Lafayette (2-3, 0-1). He threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to Mike Duncan with 6 seconds left in the first half to cut it to 31-10, and a 14-yarder to Brain Keller late in the third to make it 31-18. - AP Sports

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had he stayed, he wouldn't have played! He made the right decision!
I know. What I meant to say is, had we played him. Had we had a coach with some vision. Maybe even if RE had stayed. He would have been good. Not great, but good, maybe real good. We haven't had "good" in a while.

Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
These woulda, coulda, shoulda Fordham threads should really be about Joe Moorehead.

Hopefully next year the NC State board will have multiple threads about Schireffs.

BTW Army vs Fordham this week 12:00pm on CBS Network.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
metsfan2323 said:
These woulda, coulda, shoulda Fordham threads should really be about Joe Moorehead. Hopefully next year the NC State board will have multiple threads about Schireffs. BTW Army vs Fordham this week 12:00pm on CBS Network.

That's a good point. The right player + the right system for that player matters. We are getting either. Or neither. Not since Dan O have we had both.

Reaction Score
These woulda, coulda, shoulda Fordham threads should really be about Joe Moorehead.

Hopefully next year the NC State board will have multiple threads about Schireffs.

BTW Army vs Fordham this week 12:00pm on CBS Network.

It's Army's Scout day so I'll be there with my son. It will be interesting to watch Fordham light up Army's D . . .

Reaction Score
The local paper her ein Jersey reported that there were 19 NFL scouts at the last Fordham game Nebrich. Yes, the competition is lower than the America and the right system helps; but that is 19 more NFL scouts checking the former UConn QB out than the current UConn QB.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The local paper her ein Jersey reported that there were 19 NFL scouts at the last Fordham game Nebrich. Yes, the competition is lower than the America and the right system helps; but that is 19 more NFL scouts checking the former UConn QB out than the current UConn QB.
Flacco played at Delaware after his transfer - the level is irrelevant when you have an arm and can read defenses.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Few weeks ago I tuned into a Fordham game and Nebrich wasn't playing. Injury... is he back?

Reaction Score
Mike was never given a chance at UConn.

Johnny Mac went 1o straight quarters (10 quarters) without producing an offensive TD and yet P left Nebrich on the bench.

Of course, many Boneyarders agree with the philosophy that you just leave the starting quarterback in the game regardless if he produces or not.

Reaction Score
Mike was never given a chance at UConn.

Johnny Mac went 1o straight quarters (10 quarters) without producing an offensive TD and yet P left Nebrich on the bench.

Of course, many Boneyarders agree with the philosophy that you just leave the starting quarterback in the game regardless if he produces or not.

Nobody actually agrees with that philosophy. If you actually listen, what people are saying is that you shouldn't put in worse players just because they need practice time. Primarily this is a disagreement between you and others about who is more likely a better QB. In actual game statistics, it is Whitmer - by a mile. I would also agree that Boyle hasn't been given enough of an opportunity to play this year. I hope that he gets a LOT of reps in the last 3 games. But if he stinks, can you please shut up?

By your logic, the following people should also be kicked off the team, because they don't help next year:

4Deshon Foxx5-10/173Wide ReceiverSRLynchburg, Va. (Brookville)
5Chris DeBerry5-11/186Defensive BackSRTorrington, Conn. (Torrington)
97B.J. McBryde6-5/304Defensive LineRS SRBeaver Falls, Pa. (Beaver Falls)
73Alex Mateas 6-4/309Offensive LineRS SROttawa, Ont. (Penn State)
16Byron Jones6-1/196CornerbackRS SRNew Britain, Conn. (St. Paul (Bristol))
56Angelo Pruitt6-2/287Defensive LineRS SRCincinnati, Ohio (North College Hill)
41Brandon Steg 6-2/221LinebackerRS SRCoral Springs, Fla. (J.P. Taravella)
67Adam Mueller6-1/212Long SnapperRS SRPark Ridge, Ill. (Maine Township South)
85Geremy Davis6-3/216Wide ReceiverRS SRLawrenceville, Ga. (Norcross)
10Chandler Whitmer6-0/192QuarterbackRS SRNewnan, Ga. (Butler CC)
65Gus Cruz6-4/296Offensive LineRS SRManchester, N.H. (Kimball Union Academy)
47Reuben Frank6-4/246LinebackerRS SRPoughkeepsie, N.Y. (Poughkeepsie)

Reaction Score
The fact video boy was playing over anyone was laughable back then. Nebrich deserved a chance and decisions like those back then have all assisted in where he left this roster for the new regime.

Reaction Score
Flacco played at Delaware after his transfer - the level is irrelevant when you have an arm and can read defenses.

While this is true, the reverse also applies. There are some great QBs at that level that benefit from the level of play.

For every Flacco, you also have a Pat Devlin.

Reaction Score
Nobody actually agrees with that philosophy. If you actually listen, what people are saying is that you shouldn't put in worse players just because they need practice time. Primarily this is a disagreement between you and others about who is more likely a better QB. In actual game statistics, it is Whitmer - by a mile. I would also agree that Boyle hasn't been given enough of an opportunity to play this year. I hope that he gets a LOT of reps in the last 3 games. But if he stinks, can you please shut up?

By your logic, the following people should also be kicked off the team, because they don't help next year:

4Deshon Foxx5-10/173Wide ReceiverSRLynchburg, Va. (Brookville)
5Chris DeBerry5-11/186Defensive BackSRTorrington, Conn. (Torrington)
97B.J. McBryde6-5/304Defensive LineRS SRBeaver Falls, Pa. (Beaver Falls)
73Alex Mateas 6-4/309Offensive LineRS SROttawa, Ont. (Penn State)
16Byron Jones6-1/196CornerbackRS SRNew Britain, Conn. (St. Paul (Bristol))
56Angelo Pruitt6-2/287Defensive LineRS SRCincinnati, Ohio (North College Hill)
41Brandon Steg 6-2/221LinebackerRS SRCoral Springs, Fla. (J.P. Taravella)
67Adam Mueller6-1/212Long SnapperRS SRPark Ridge, Ill. (Maine Township South)
85Geremy Davis6-3/216Wide ReceiverRS SRLawrenceville, Ga. (Norcross)
10Chandler Whitmer6-0/192QuarterbackRS SRNewnan, Ga. (Butler CC)
65Gus Cruz6-4/296Offensive LineRS SRManchester, N.H. (Kimball Union Academy)
47Reuben Frank6-4/246LinebackerRS SRPoughkeepsie, N.Y. (Poughkeepsie)

You conclusion has nothing to do with what anything I am saying. And it has nothing to do with logic either. I don't believe anyone should be kicked off the team. Your strawman is silly.

But my original point stands. Many on the Boneyard argue against giving a player a fair shot even when the starter has proven he is prone to game changing errors and has one of the worse W/L records in FBS football.

Reaction Score
Going up to West Point for their game with Army this weekend. I've been very curious to see him in action. Good for him, I always wanted to see him have success here but I'm glad he found it even if he had to go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom