Mich v Mich St Postgame | The Boneyard

Mich v Mich St Postgame

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How does this happen when players from both teams are in the tunnel at same time??

Reaction Score
That was my first thought as well. How can a big time program not have two tunnels to locker rooms? Also that’s extremely embarrassing for Michigan St, you get your butts handed to you on the field and then gang up on two Michigan guys. Terrible character, they all should be suspended for rest of season, or indefinitely.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
A player got their nose broken so I guess they’ll change it now

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't have to look, I know it's Sparty's fault. It's always Sparty's fault. The inferiority complex is real.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was my first thought as well. How can a big time program not have two tunnels to locker rooms? Also that’s extremely embarrassing for Michigan St, you get your butts handed to you on the field and then gang up on two Michigan guys. Terrible character, they all should be suspended for rest of season, or indefinitely.

It's an ancient stadium and while I would expect modifications over the past 60 or so years would involve two separate tunnels, it is what it is.

What I don't understand is how something as fundamental as keeping the teams separated before the game, during halftime and especially after the game, isn't done. That's inexcusable regardless of physical layout.

Reaction Score
one of the videos showed the guy that got beat went in with the michigan state cohort ahead of his team. people said he was jabbering... not an excuse. Two football players should be able to contain one guy without resorting to clubbing and kicking a guy.

Reaction Score
Obviously unaware of details regarding the MSU vs UM post-game events, but the video in the following tweet may shed some light.

Reaction Score
Jim Harbaugh expects CRIMINAL CHARGES for the four Michigan State players involved in 'egregious' and 'sickening' post-game beatdown of two members of his team

Jim Harbaugh said he expects the four Michigan State players suspended for their involvement in roughing up two Michigan players to be charged.

Scuffles broke out in the Michigan Stadium tunnel after fourth-ranked Wolverines beat the Spartans 29-7 Saturday night in Ann Arbor. Social media posts immediately following the incident showed Michigan State players pushing, punching and kicking Michigan's Ja'Den McBurrows in and near a hallway that doesn't lead to either locker room.

Spartans coach Mel Tucker announced Sunday night that linebacker Tank Brown, safety Angelo Grose, defensive end Zion Young and cornerback Khary Crump were suspended immediately for their involvement in the tunnel altercation.

Reaction Score
It's an ancient stadium and while I would expect modifications over the past 60 or so years would involve two separate tunnels, it is what it is.

What I don't understand is how something as fundamental as keeping the teams separated before the game, during halftime and especially after the game, isn't done. That's inexcusable regardless of physical layout.
I’m sorry. The fact that you have to keep young adults between 19 and 24 years of age apart from one another or you have to accept that they will commit assault and battery sounds insane. What happens while they’re playing is one thing. If they can’t keep their hands to themselves going back and forth to the locker room, they get what they deserve.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m sorry. The fact that you have to keep young adults between 19 and 24 years of age apart from one another or you have to accept that they will commit assault and battery sounds insane. What happens while they’re playing is one thing. If they can’t keep their hands to themselves going back and forth to the locker room, they get what they deserve.

Reaction Score
Heads should roll at MSU for this. Inexcusable. I could understand two kids losing their cool and going at it, but that was a full on assault by a gang. Shameful.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Heads should roll at MSU for this. Inexcusable. I could understand two kids losing their cool and going at it, but that was a full on assault by a gang. Shameful.
Not a gang, but definitely a group of bullies who got their butts kicked and took it out on someone when it was clear the victim couldn't resist. Cowards gonna coward.

Reaction Score

This +1000

Reaction Score
As much as the offenders , the coach needs to be held responsible for player misconduct and bringing in a bunch of low character dudes. I can’t see that happening under Mora. He exudes character, respect and discipline. But, maybe I’m biased.

Reaction Score
As much as the offenders , the coach needs to be held responsible for player misconduct and bringing in a bunch of low character dudes. I can’t see that happening under Mora. He exudes character, respect and discipline. But, maybe I’m biased.
We had 5 players get in trouble over one incident in Willimantic in 2004 under Edsall. I hear ya, but sometimes stupid kids do stupid things.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I hate when people make excuses for that behavior too. Be the change! Don’t be an idiot!

Reaction Score
Will preface this by saying that the punishments are appropriate and assault is never the answer.

That being said - there was a lot of stuff going on pregame, during the game, etc - so it isn't surprising that it escalated to this.

Two guys ran into the tunnel ahead of their team and picked a fight. Well they got one. Glad nobody was seriously hurt but I'm not going to cry a tear for anyone involved.

To the Michigan players - here is how you don't get assaulted. Do what you are supposed to do and not run into the tunnel and pop off in front of 85 guys.

To the MSU players - control your emotions and you won't act up and get suspended.

Completely avoidable situation.

(my son is on the MSU training staff and was in the middle of all of this)

------

On Harbaugh - he better hope a Michigan player never steps out of line - that was the most sanctimonious speech I've ever heard. How about teaching your team to win with class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom