OT: Mice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Mice

Reaction Score
I know mouse eradication has been discussed before. Just wanted to share my slightly shocking experience yesterday.

So, we have had mice here & there in the basement. We have a cat. She usually brings them upstairs to play with. Good kitty. Anyway, I can't seem to find where they enter, so I deal with it by either Havaharts (don't like to kill them) or a natural mouse repellent I just discovered (Grandpa Gus's if you are interested).

Yesterday I was outside putzing around. I had left a bucket by the stairs and the rain had filled it halfway with water. I rounded the corner and JESUS! there were like 8 dead mice floating in the bucket!

Not sure why....maybe that bucket was in a path they use jumping off the steps? Really weird...and sort of disturbing!

PS I refilled it after dumping the mice. I felt kind of bad doing that, but hey, if they want to commit suicide....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My parents trapped a squirrel in the basement after a snowbird stretch in Florida. My mother told me that it didn't stop screaming the entire time they drove to release it. A while later during the seasonal cleanup she found four dead baby squirrels in a box on a shelf. That still affects me a bit.

Reaction Score
I was infested-I tried traps. I at once point caught and killed 10 in a few days and still kept seeing them and found hundreds if not thousands of droppings. I finally hired an exterminator-I know they are poised, but the disease they bring was not worth it. Haven't seen one for a few years with 1/4ly treatments.

Reaction Score
When I saw the subject, I thought this was going to be about how they revived oxygen depleted mice with liquid oxygen through the rectum. After a few minutes they were fine. Might be hope for mankind.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
When I saw the subject, I thought this was going to be about how they revived oxygen depleted mice with liquid oxygen through the rectum. After a few minutes they were fine. Might be hope for mankind.

Hyperbaric enemas are absolutely the wave of the future.

Reaction Score
Unlike cats, mice don't like to paw through their own crap in a litter box before jumping up and walking around on the kitchen counter. They're filthy creatures. Both mice and cats are vermin, the only difference being that most mice are native species and cats are exotics.

Reaction Score
I regret starting this thread. How do I delete it?
I think you can just delete your original post in the thread and the entire thread will disappear. Although it's probably too late because after a day or so you can't edit or delete your own posts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks Hooper. Maybe Tom will see this and delete it for me. Anyway, didn't mean it to turn into a "disgusting ways you can kill mice" or "cats are vermin" thread. Something wrong with some people here. But I guess I asked for it.

Reaction Score
Thanks Hooper. Maybe Tom will see this and delete it for me. Anyway, didn't mean it to turn into a "disgusting ways you can kill mice" or "cats are vermin" thread. Something wrong with some people here. But I guess I asked for it.
Look at it this way: you started a conversation, and conversations evolve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom