Miami | The Boneyard

Miami

Reaction Score
Every few years, Larranaga rolls out a pretty good team. They aren't a great defensive team, but they do work to force turnovers, and when they do, they can be dangerous.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I get sad every time I see Wong and think we took Gaffney over him. Woulda been much easier for RJ and all our guys.
We were all over that weR1 team with Wong, Bones Hyland, and Wahab. Missed on all 3 and all 3 ended up being good.

Reaction Score
We were all over that weR1 team with Wong, Bones Hyland, and Wahab. Missed on all 3 and all 3 ended up being good.
Love Bones and really wanted Wahab. That is crazy sad man!

Reaction Score
Hyland wanted to come here but Hurley chose RJ over him. Cole has been really good and was our most important player this year but obviously Bones Hyland is on an entirely different level as a player. Gaffney not panning out at all as a D1 player is a total mystery, sometimes guys just never figure it out at this level.

Reaction Score
I get sad every time I see Wong and think we took Gaffney over him. Woulda been much easier for RJ and all our guys.
I remember that recruitment very well and we didn't take Gaffney over Wong. Wong was target #1 at PG, but he ended up committing to Miami which left us with a choice between Gaffney and Al-Amir Dawes who ended up going to Clemson. Dawes has turned into a decent player, far better than Gaffney, so we definitely lost big on that one.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I was in Miami last weekend, don’t remember much.

Reaction Score
I don’t mean to be a turd, but Gaffney can be a heck of a lot more than he is. His development has been abysmal. I hope Diggins has a better trajectory but early returns aren’t good.

Part of Gaff’s problem, as I argued here many times, was being labeled the pg of the future. He’s a combo guard and never had pg skills. He was a pg in name only in order to help his recruiting as he’s a bit short for a 2-3.

Reaction Score
If we had Wong, we will still be playing. How did we lose Wong to Miami of all places? Wong would be a huge star on our team this year.

Reaction Score
If we had Wong, we will still be playing. How did we lose Wong to Miami of all places? Wong would be a huge star on our team this year.
We were still in the AAC and Miami certainly has an appeal to some. Plus their coach has been to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Coral gables is a nice campus and they are still acc.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Durand Scott says hi

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Does this Auburn loss hurt UConn's rpi/KemPom/Quadrant/Anything for next weeks Top 25???? :rolleyes: :p :eek: :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom