Miami recap | The Boneyard

Miami recap

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Less than a minute left, but this one is over. Thoughts and takeaways from this beat down. Although I'm not sure if we were great, or they just stink. I think a little bit of both.
Also, UCONN fans traveled well. Was Big Red there or did someone stand in?

Question. If we win out between now and Jan. 1, when we visit Cinci for our first conference game, will we be ranked?

- I need, not want, a UCONN jersey with the gold lapel on the back
- We killed it on the glass
- If there's 2 things Wilson loves to do it's dunk and block shots
- Carlton has some passing ability
- We need Carlton or Akok in the game at all times. Would it be silly to brink Akok off the bench?
- Gilbert is best when the offense is free flowing. He can really shake people, and a structured set doesn't suit his game.
- Bouk is the real deal...he got game
- We are about 8 deep right now. I don't see Gaffney getting much burn once the AAC schedule starts.
- Polley could emerge as a legit deep threat

Reaction Score
I think Carlton tripled his assists for the season in this game. That was something I liked seeing.

And Bouknight is going to be a stud. I take that back, he already is a stud!

Reaction Score
Bouk is our most talented player in a long, long time. He is sensational. Akok is so exciting too. Great performance today. So many guys played well today. Great to see.

Reaction Score
Great team defense despite Miami making a few insanely lucky shots which seems to happen to us a lot.

Vital and Gilbert played really smart

Bouknight and Akok are stars. Bouknight needs to get in the game earlier if he’s not starting. He was 4th off the bench today. That’s crazy.

Carlton made his moves very decisively today and proved he’s not a black hole, showing some court vision.

Sid isn’t going to have great numbers. But he’s playing very well this season.

Miami didn’t really compete once they got down double digits.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
- Akok completely changes the dynamic of the game. Teams are seeing his shadow every time they get close to the basket. Miami was hesitant to go up with just about every shot in the lane. Him and Sid together are a scary defensive combo.

- Sid Wilson is MUCH improved. Not forcing anything, playing within himself

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom