miami just rushed the court | The Boneyard

miami just rushed the court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
after knocing off #13 msu. they have fallen so far off the earth that a win like this ='s a court rush. god help the acc.

Reaction Score
i heard warde rushed the court after we beat quinnipiac in overtime........still the kings of CT!!!!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How many people were there to rush court?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I hate the anti rush the court threads. We should all be so lucky as to be so happy we want to rush something. Girlfriend cooks a good meal....rush the kitchen. I get a raise.......rush my bosses office. I get a discount at Geico........rush their office. Unbridled joy should be encouraged not ridiculed

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I hate the anti rush the court threads. We should all be so lucky as to be so happy we want to rush something. Girlfriend cooks a good meal....rush the kitchen. I get a raise.......rush my bosses office. I get a discount at Geico........rush their office. Unbridled joy should be encouraged not ridiculed

im all for court/field rushing. but its supose to be a rare thing that happens and its supose to mean something when it does. msu was not a top 5 team, a big rival, not undefeated and hasn't won a ship recently. it was a joke. all 2k students rushed and the announcers said something like "the one time i come to miami for bball they rush the court, go figure" lmfao at miamilalala

Reaction Score
In fairness, not all of Miami rushed the court.

I live here, and I never even knew this game was being played.

Still busy counting votes.

Reaction Score
I'm going to delete the pic to de-escalate tension in the region.

Reaction Score
Holy - I was there. That was at Lucky Strike.

I remember admiring Donna Shalala's camel toe.

Reaction Score
Holy - I was there. That was at Lucky Strike.

I remember admiring Donna Shalala's camel toe.

I was thinking it based on the pic but that was too far across the line for me. You get a like though.

Reaction Score
Things that would make any man throw up, picturing Donna Shalala naked and .

Reaction Score
Pat Forde put together the definitive rules for rushing the court in college basketball about 5 years ago. If you haven't read these, you should. They're hilarious (but completely spot on):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2306416

We are basically never allowed to do it again under the "old money" principle. Miami falls between "middle class" and "lower class", making the storming nominally acceptable (but still tacky).

Reaction Score
Pat Forde put together the definitive rules for rushing the court in college basketball about 5 years ago. If you haven't read these, you should. They're hilarious (but completely spot on):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2306416

We are basically never allowed to do it again under the "old money" principle. Miami falls between "middle class" and "lower class", making the storming nominally acceptable (but still tacky).
Hmm, I'm not sure any of those rules apply to us now. 1) because we now have another championship, and 2) that list stipulates rules for us under the assumption we are a "current power." This week has convinced me otherwise.

Reaction Score
Hmm, I'm not sure any of those rules apply to us now. 1) because we now have another championship, and 2) that list stipulates rules for us under the assumption we are a "current power." This week has convinced me otherwise.

The old money principle is actually pretty straightforward: "If your school has won three or more national titles in its history, you shall not rush the floor at any time." This rule will apply to us forever, regardless of what conference we play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom