Miami downs UNC | The Boneyard

Miami downs UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
UNC chucks up 81 shots vs 56 for Miami. Miami makes 57% vs 37% for UNC. DD 8-24 and 1-9 from 3pt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They have the talent to beat just about anyone and the discipline and coaching to lose to just about anyone!
Well put! I'd add that they have the ball handling to lose to just about anyone. Sylvia tolerated turnovers, but I think it led to sloppy habits, which hurt against good teams.

Reaction Score
Can't always blame the coach. I am sure it is part of the problem there, but some players are deaf to coaching as well. As highly rated as the North Carolina freshmen, I can't see them in UConn blue. I prefer the kids coming here next year.

Reaction Score
Well put! I'd add that they have the ball handling to lose to just about anyone. Sylvia tolerated turnovers, but I think it led to sloppy habits, which hurt against good teams.
Turnover wasn't the reason this time why UNC lost this game. UNC had only 10 turnovers and Miami 21. UNC had 12 steals and Miami 2. They also out rebounded Miami The reason why they lost to Miami was because Miami shot 57% to UNC's 37%. UNC went 16-31 from the free throw line and went 4-19 from three.

UNC is at Georgia Tech on Thursday. How many shots do you think that Diamond D and Kaela Davis will take together? I think they will take at least 39 shots with 15 of them coming from 3.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Saw lots of interesting things during this game. Bad body language, complaining to refs, and a few things that would not be allowed with a UConn coached team ... hate to be such a "homer", but I appreciate the UConn "brand". Same sock height, same shoes, same colored shirts/etc under uniforms (lime green, really DD?). I appreciate the respect for the kit.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They have the talent to beat just about anyone and the discipline and coaching to lose to just about anyone!
They kinda been that way for awhile. But very well said.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
hate to be such a "homer", but I appreciate the UConn "brand". Same sock height, same shoes, same colored shirts/etc under uniforms
Not always. Or at least until Jefferson got hers. ;)

I appreciate the respect for the kit.
Love it. :D

Reaction Score
Saw lots of interesting things during this game. Bad body language, complaining to refs, and a few things that would not be allowed with a UConn coached team ... hate to be such a "homer", but I appreciate the UConn "brand". Same sock height, same shoes, same colored shirts/etc under uniforms (lime greenD

DD is a woman of her words, however. Didn't she say that she wanted to go to a school ( not Uconn)where she could be herself!

Reaction Score
UNC chucks up 81 shots vs 56 for Miami. Miami makes 57% vs 37% for UNC. DD 8-24 and 1-9 from 3pt.
Nothing surprising there. UNC playing UNC type ball. As has been mentioned, they have always had good athletes and some skilled players but almost always play out of control and never seem to be interested in playing team (smart) basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom