MHver3 new tweet: Virginia/B1G | The Boneyard

MHver3 new tweet: Virginia/B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

MHver3@MHver3

Hearing that UVA to BiG is reaching critical mass and at this point it would take something huge to derail it.

I know it's him but if it's true this could be good for us.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Once and awhile it is fun to work your way over to the WVU board. They are full of , probably have no contacts, but they at least believe UConn is a valuable school and it is fun to read where they have us going. Hopefully there are others outside their board that share that feeling...

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The BiG has enough to do digesting Rutgers and Maryland for the present and convincing the existing BiG members that it works and is accretive both financially and in quality. That won't happen overnight while they digest Jersey Cable and Maryland Cable and fight their wars over the next 3 years to get them all in line. Then there's nibbling at NYC and a full onslaught in Philly with PSU and Rutgers and Maryland on board. Advertising teams need to be set up.

The best strategy for the BiG? Let the SEC act first. There's enough attractive leftovers for the BiG to finish their expansion. Their worst possible outcome if the SEC acts first? VA and UConn to the BiG. That's the worst scenario for them at that point as it meant UNC went elsewhere and Notre Dame still refuses to join a conference.

I think they let the Big 12 or SEC cause the ACC implosion and play the villian

pj

Reaction Score
If the B1G knows what they want and it's available, why wouldn't they act now? A similar chance may never come again. Every school is getting bound up in long-term contracts with conferences and networks.

The day when realignment made participants "villains" is over and done with. It's free agency and everyone's out for #1.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I think the B1G's worst case is UVA / UNC going to the SEC. This effectively shuts them out of any territory south of Maryland and forces them to take second-fiddle NC State and VPI if they want NC and VA - which I don't think they want to do. I think the B1G needs to be proactive here, not reactive. If I'm them I make a HUGE run at UVA and get them to sign up (not sure if they would do that without UNC, but there are enough like-minded B1G institutions that there is a chance) then you give UNC / ND the ultimatum. Worst case at the point is that you reinforce NYC with UConn, but at least they would be dealing from a position of strength to get UNC or ND. UVA is the key.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have been lurking the tosu bord for a while. they racked up a 100 page thread in a couple weeks on B1G expansion and had to start a 2nd one recently. i saw a few familiar user names over in it. they have a good 20 pages on uconn and they seems half and half about us. thats a huge difference compared to a few years ago...

the b1g needs to flex and then out smart.
uconn will always be there just like lville to the b12. whoops. the acc made a strategic move banking on uconn being there. the b10 can now all 3.

u take uva and uconn. now the sec has to claim north cary or risk splitting it. unc has its pick
the sec isn't worried about va if it can't lock down nc. unc and duke....vpi is now b12 bound with fsu and crew as result or the sec jumps the gun as a retrun favor to the b10 by going to 18...its going to get interesting. but the b10 will take uconn next round becuase they dont want the acc to once again be able to refill and not feel a huge drop off. uconn and lville are schools that belong in the end goal somewhere puzzle wise so the acc isn't feeling the hurt yet. once temple and usf reach convo, then they are hurting. in time...

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
i have been lurking the tosu bord for a while. they racked up a 100 page thread in a couple weeks on B1G expansion and had to start a 2nd one recently. i saw a few familiar user names over in it. they have a good 20 pages on uconn and they seems half and half about us. thats a huge difference compared to a few years ago...

Dan, I am totally going to fuel your conspiracy theories, but the pro-UConn message that was linked to on our board really read like a whitepaper that a school president would be looking at, rather than just the ramblings of a message board fan which I would expect to read (like yours). The more positive news you start seeing on B1G boards about us the more it may be softening the ground for our arrival.

Total pie-in the sky, but it's all we got.

Reaction Score
I can see the BIG acting any time it wants and UVA is a prize to lock down DC and Virginia. They could take UVA and wait a few weeks/months to decide on the 16th. The ACC would desolve and BIG might have ND, or it definately would have its pick of UNC, GT, or UConn. This would be an awesome move by the BIG - it would accelerate the reorg time table - which actually needs to be done. This blowing in the wind - is the ACC stable, whats the Big 12 up to, is ND independent forever needs to be defined. But then again I am a UConn fan and very nervous - although the non-main ACC schools probably should be as nervous as me.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The will not do anything until the MD exit fee situation is resolved.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Years ago I went to a stag party where they had a stripper in a french maid outfit. She had one joke, she'd brush a guys crotch with a feather duster and say, "lot's of dust, must not be getting much use." She did her little act and that was fine. Guys went back to playing cards and drinking. But she wasn't done. She just kept on dusting groins and telling same joke. Right in the middle of our poker game with chips in the middle she just hopped on the table, laid back and spread her legs back and forth. Everybody just said enough, you're done, go away. I think about that stripper whenever I hear a about a tweet from MHiver.

Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3

Hearing that UVA to BiG is reaching critical mass and at this point it would take something huge to derail it.

I know it's him but if it's true this could be good for us.
this was tweeted last week...

Reaction Score
We need to impose a permanent ban on all new MHver3 threads.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing UVA & UMass OR UConn

They want to capture the Hartford/Amherst market. UMass offered to play their home games at Gillette, after the B1G looked at their attendance they suggested keeping football games on campus.

I heard that they suggested that they play their games in secret.

Reaction Score
Years ago I went to a stag party where they had a stripper in a french maid outfit. She had one joke, she'd brush a guys crotch with a feather duster and say, "lot's of dust, must not be getting much use." She did her little act and that was fine. Guys went back to playing cards and drinking. But she wasn't done. She just kept on dusting groins and telling same joke. Right in the middle of our poker game with chips in the middle she just hopped on the table, laid back and spread her legs back and forth. Everybody just said enough, you're done, go away. I think about that stripper whenever I hear a about a tweet from MHiver.

Stag Party - there must be some more details, damn.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing UVA & UMass OR UConn

They want to capture the Hartford/Amherst market. UMass offered to play their home games at Gillette, after the B1G looked at their attendance they suggested keeping football games on campus.

I read the same thing on my Mayan calendar expecting the announcement around the 21st of this month

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Once again UConn is forced to thread the realignment needle. Need realignment to continue (VA to B10 or FSU to B12) but not complete chaos where the ACC collapses, scattering a bunch of other schools (UNC/GT) looking for a new home.

B1G preferred options IMHO:

ND +1 (it wouldn't be us)
UVA/UNC (unlikely w/o ACC collapse)
UVA/UConn (Cuse might be an option)
UConn/Cuse (if ACC moves to add us)

I'm not buying BC, GT, or FSU as B1G targets. We do need to be close to AAU status before we get an invite.

Plan B is FSU/+1 or more bolting the ACC. Clinging to the ACC driftwood would be . But, it would still be a better existence than what we're looking at now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Two days ago:

MHver3@MHver3
Hearing that UVA to BiG is reaching critical mass and at this point it would take something huge to derail it
as I said, this was posted last week.

Reaction Score
She must've been quite a peach.

Reaction Score
Once again UConn is forced to thread the realignment needle. Need realignment to continue (VA to B10 or FSU to B12) but not complete chaos where the ACC collapses, scattering a bunch of other schools (UNC/GT) looking for a new home.

B1G preferred options IMHO:

ND +1 (it wouldn't be us)
UVA/UNC (unlikely w/o ACC collapse)
UVA/UConn (Cuse might be an option)
UConn/Cuse (if ACC moves to add us)

I'm not buying BC, GT, or FSU as B1G targets. We do need to be close to AAU status before we get an invite.

Plan B is FSU/+1 or more bolting the ACC. Clinging to the ACC driftwood would be ****ty. But, it would still be a better existence than what we're looking at now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I buy BC as a target if that's what it takes the B1G to get ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom