MHVer3 intresting post on Scout board | The Boneyard

MHVer3 intresting post on Scout board

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

Before you flame remember that the last time I told you the Big was ready to move it was a mere two weeks later that MD and Rutgers were added...

The Big10 held a secret meeting two nights ago with unofficial representatives from 4 current ACC schools(UNC, UVA, GT, BC) and 1 current BigEast/Indy(ND).
Numerous topics were discussed including the BTN, TV contracts, and of course, expansion.

At this point the Big10 can not just stop at 16. They may very well only take 2 to begin with but it will be on the promise of more invites coming. No two schools in the ACC will move together at this point in time. Even with whispers of MD getting out for less than $25 million, no two schools will move yet. Now if the BiG sends out 3-4 invites they can get some of their better targets, but no one is leaving without at least two friends right now.
With that being the case, the Big is close to issuing invites to UVA, GT, BC, and UNC. That puts them at 18 with no plans of stopping there. Fox wants Notre Dame. The BiG wants ND. A 20 team BiG that included ND would have FOX paying nearly $600 million per year for Tier1(including CCG) rights-close to $30 million per team not counting Tier 2, Bowl payouts, playoffs, and BTN.
So assuming ND is 19, Who is 20?
Line up and beg!
Here's a list of who has told the BiG “NO”: Texas
Here's a list of who has told them “probably Not”: Kansas
Here's who remains that have been in talks of some type...

Uconn-would jump in a BigEast minute

Duke-would love to stay with big brother

Cuse-don't count them out

Pitt-nope

Wake-nope

Navy-Laugh if you will but do not count them out as a dark horse even with having MD, the midshipmen are a national name with a national following

Clemson-very unlikey

Miami-has possibly a better chance than...

FSU-not going to sugarcoat it here, FSU wants the BiG bad...real bad. So bad that their president has created a plan to reach AAU status within 5-7 years in hopes it will be enough to convince the BiG to take them as well. The SEC has already told them no. If they can get a BiG offer they believe an SEC offer will follow then watch the drama!

Like it or not, expansion is coming again, soon. We can't stop it, or slow it down. It will continue it's inexorable march and we will simply look on and add commentary.

Where does this leave the Big12? Fox is driving that bus too so no worries guys. If we happen to not land FSU there are still great pickings left from the group of NCST, VT, Clemson, Miami, Pitt, and the rest. Unfortunately the Big12 is not in quite the same position as the SEC and BiG. We will have to wait for the leavings...
EDIT------------------
I left out a big one...the NCAA will give a 20 team conference an extra game(semi-final) and it could allow for any conference with at least 10 teams to have a CCG as well(Delaney's own words). Lots going on in the shadows there. I'll keep you posted
in this senario this looks good for us.
also a tweet

MHver3@MHver3
I can tell you at this point 16 going to be a problem for BiG. It's at least 18 to get certain schools

Reaction Score
Someone already linked this in the "B1G" thread. Why do we need to regurgitate it? Especially this?

Reaction Score
No way B1G would have discussions with 6 schools in 1 room. Too risky.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What would be the point of a meeting with unofficial representatives.

Reaction Score
That imagination he has is vivid! Pass some of that stuff please

Reaction Score
So they kept UMd and RU separate for weeks/months, neither knowing of the other until days b4 invitations, and then they invite 4 non B1G schools to a meeting together? Makes perfect sense. I'm not saying those 4 schools won't get invited (because at this point the only conference realignment move that will surprise me is UConn being invited to the B1G, B12, or ACC), but I can't see them all in a room together colluding/discussing their move to the B1G.

Reaction Score
Why would nonsense like this get traction anywhere? Why is it that all speculation revolves around the B1G? Where are the rumors that the SEC is looking to add Indiana, Cincy, UConn, or BCU? There aren't any because it makes absolutately no sense, that's why. The SEC pushing north of the Ohio River is ridiculous because they would get nothing out of it despite the fact that Cincy is less than a stone's throw from SEC country in KY. But somehow the B1G roaring off to Georgia to snap up Tech is getting passed off as meaningful discussion? The whole northeast corridor with its 50 million people is currently up for grabs but the B1G has major wood for FSU and/or Miami? Pitiful.

Reaction Score
No way B1G would have discussions with 6 schools in 1 room. Too risky.

Maybe it was like "American Idol" where they split the schools into groups and they each got a room and sat there awaiting to hear whether or not they made it through to the next round...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Maybe it was like "American Idol" where they split the schools into groups and they each got a room and sat there awaiting to hear whether or not they made it through to the next round...

I was able to find some undercover video of the B1G meetings. It turns out that the BC representative didn't "nail it"....

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I was able to find some undercover video of the B1G meetings. It turns out that the BC representative didn't "nail it"....

Taking a gratuitous shot at William Hung? Not nice, Dan, not nice....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Taking a gratuitous shot at William Hung? Not nice, Dan, not nice....

You're right. Calling him a representative of BC was both uncalled for and in poor taste. I apologize to Mr. Hung for that cheapshot... ;)

Reaction Score
Can someone finally tell me what a huskie is? That is all I have focused on since this thread started....I feel like I'm asking mr owl, "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can someone finally tell me what a huskie is? That is all I have focused on since this thread started....I feel like I'm asking mr owl, "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?"
I think it may be a French large size but I'm not entirely sure. You know, Petite, Grande, Huskie, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom