Mets Alonzo breaks Strawberry’s rookie record | The Boneyard

Mets Alonzo breaks Strawberry’s rookie record

Reaction Score
Isn’t there a UConn kid on the Mets AAA team?

Reaction Score
Big Met fan here who watches most of the games. He has immense power. No cheapo home runs. I believe he leads the majors in home runs to center field. Joy to watch a bright star while the rest of the organization is a major league show. LGM!!

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Keep Alonzo, McNeil and deGrom. Sell everyone else. Fire Callaway.

Reaction Score
FWIW...its Alonso. Eventually, we will all know the proper spelling.

Reaction Score
Until the flip-on's sell team the team, they will continually be a major league show. Dysfunctional, incompetent, penny pinching...this coming from a mutz fan.

The kid is good, imagine if he had a lineup around him?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Until the flip-on's sell team the team, they will continually be a major league show. Dysfunctional, incompetent, penny pinching...this coming from a mutz fan.

The kid is good, imagine if he had a lineup around him?

This. I keep going in every year thinking that with a new GM, or a new manager, or new talent, that we may just have enough to get over the hump...but the same garbage happens year in, year out. It all flows from the top.

I'm getting dangerously close to just not caring anymore. I barely ever watch more than 2 or 3 innings any more. The Wilpons have just about destroyed my fandom.

Reaction Score
He's the first hitter I make sure to catch his at bats since Strawberry. He's no longer an unknown and it's been interesting to a) see them start pitching around him and b) him being patient with that.

And he's a funny kid. And, apparently, he's already garnered a leadership role in the clubhouse. Great story.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This. I keep going in every year thinking that with a new GM, or a new manager, or new talent, that we may just have enough to get over the hump...but the same garbage happens year in, year out. It all flows from the top.

I'm getting dangerously close to just not caring anymore. I barely ever watch more than 2 or 3 innings any more. The Wilpons have just about destroyed my fandom.
I hear you, but it it also remarkable to recall that we are only three seasons removed from a World Series appearance. That would sustain many other franchises, but not in what-have-you-done-for-me-lately New York.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
I hear you, but it it also remarkable to recall that we are only three seasons removed from a World Series appearance. That would sustain many other franchises, but not in what-have-you-done-for-me-lately New York.

Sharing the stage with the yanks will do that.

Reaction Score
Replace the GM. He was an agent a year ago. Doesn’t know the baseball side of the game. Traded for a 36 y/o Cano. Four more years of Cano and he can barely hit now.

Reaction Score
Replace the GM. He was an agent a year ago. Doesn’t know the baseball side of the game. Traded for a 36 y/o Cano. Four more years of Cano and he can barely hit now.
Blow hard broddie must own a piece of the mariners. Why else would you trade for a 36 yr old, who doesn't hustle, coming off a 'roid ban?

Reaction Score
Blow hard broddie must own a piece of the mariners. Why else would you trade for a 36 yr old, who doesn't hustle, coming off a 'roid ban?
I was under the impression that Cano was part of the price they paid to get the closer they really wanted.

Reaction Score
Ball is juiced and so is he. Don't say I didn't warn you when he gets his 80 game suspension.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that Cano was part of the price they paid to get the closer they really wanted.
Yes, another bold move to get a closer they opt not to use. Suffering mutz fans know this saga all too well.

Reaction Score
So they get their closer in Diaz. But because the team is so bad he is hardly ever saving games. Hardly ever pitching. Might as well use him for 5 outs even tho manager says they will not use him for more than 4 outs.
Okay then just don’t use him. Let him sit in the bullpen and eat snacks.
To package Cano with Diaz was a major coup for the Mariners. They give about 1/4 of Cano’s Salary to the Mets. But he’s worthless. And he will only go downhill from here.
I’m almost positive the GM was his agent a year ago.

Reaction Score
So they get their closer in Diaz. But because the team is so bad he is hardly ever saving games.

If the Mets cut their blown saves in half, they'd be in first place.

Reaction Score
Diaz just blew another save. So rare are his opportunities, but yet he is not a dominant pitcher anymore. He was dominant in the American League for one year.
Time to package Diaz and Cano and get Bartolo Colon to come out of retirement.

Reaction Score
Diaz just blew another save. So rare are his opportunities, but yet he is not a dominant pitcher anymore. He was dominant in the American League for one year.
Time to package Diaz and Cano and get Bartolo Colon to come out of retirement.

They are untradeable with their contracts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom