Messaging is a pain in the ass on this software | The Boneyard

Messaging is a pain in the ass on this software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem is that the recipient has to make an active effort to discover whether he has received any messages. This is poor human engineering and requires the recipient to be psychic.

The old board let you know at a glance that you had message(s). May I suggest you dispense with the Flash crap and just put something like 'Inbox (2)' so that you can see the status immediately without mousing over anything.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The problem is that the recipient has to make an active effort to discover whether he has received any messages. This is poor human engineering and requires the recipient to be psychic.

The old board let you know at a glance that you had message(s). May I suggest you dispense with the Flash crap and just put something like 'Inbox (2)' so that you can see the status immediately without mousing over anything.

Clearly something is not functioning on your browser/computer. A red numbered flag appears above the inbox box when you receive a message. it is way more visible than the system used on Scout. No active effort should be required. Are you an apple person?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Clearly something is not functioning on your browser/computer. A red numbered flag appears above the inbox box when you receive a message. it is way more visible than the system used on Scout. No active effort should be required. Are you an apple person?
I see the alerts on Safari on my iPad as well as on Chrome, IE and Firefox on PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom