OT: - Merry Christmas to the Boneyarders | The Boneyard

OT: Merry Christmas to the Boneyarders

Reaction Score
All,

As I tell my students (I am a teacher), Santa is non-denominational. In my family, on Dec. 25, we celebrate Isaac Newton's birthday!

I couldn't agree with D more, when she said about the UConn program, "Is it really about basketball?"

I love most of all the complete commitment to excellence and the deep caring of each person in the program for all the others. In my mind, the best example of this was KML's reaction to someone uttering a disparaging comment about the walk-ons. She exclaimed, "Not important! They are just as much a part of team as anyone else. They are important." (I may not have the quote verbatim, but I sure have the meaning.)

Merry Christmas to everyone. Qua basketball, we have a lot to be grateful for.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My wife and I are heading to Boston tomorrow to spend Christmas with our son, his wife and our grandkids. So we opened our presents to each other today. Mrs oldude hit it out of the park with her gifts to me: a UConn Husky long sleeve pullover and a new pair of comfortable slippers. Now I’m ready for the rest of the season.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on the Boneyard. :)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this pandemic doesn't want to budge from the middle of our 2-3 zone.
So, I'll have to use words from the late great John Prine once again:

"Well it's a doggone shame
And it's an awful mess
I wish you love
I wish you happiness
I guess I wish
You all the best"

Keep your faith, keep your family & friends close to you or in your hearts.
See you on the boards.

Dillon

Reaction Score
To everyone in BY

christmas-feature_759.jpg

Reaction Score
does that include Tennessee and Notre Dame.......?........
Yes it's Christmas and basketball is only a game. In WW1 the Germans and Brits put down their weapons for a day and celebrated the holiday. We should be able to at least temper the evil thoughts of dislike for a day. ;)

While not a song thread I came across this which I was very surprised has been around for some time and I have not heard before.
Quite a catchy get up and dance tune, the old bones still got happy feet. A tip of the cap to the south.
Merry Christmas Boneyarder's

Reaction Score
There are lots of creative and much appreciated thoughts here. I love the Christmas truce reference to WWI, Woof 101. My Dad actually fought and was gassed during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive in fall 1918 (he was 55 when I was born more than three decades later and he lived 'til he was 91).

As a longtime follower and only a six-week veteran of the Boneyard, I want to offer thanks to all of you for helping me through this seemingly endless pandemic, for each day amusing, infuriating, educating and entertaining me regarding our Huskies and pretty much all things WCBB.

I've met only a few of you, at the season opener vs. Arkansas at the XL, but I wish you all a happy holiday of whichever variety you celebrate, and good health for many years to come. I look forward to meeting more of you at games to come, okay?

Cheers, my BY friends.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
All,

As I tell my students (I am a teacher), Santa is non-denominational. In my family, on Dec. 25, we celebrate Isaac Newton's birthday!

I couldn't agree with D more, when she said about the UConn program, "Is it really about basketball?"

I love most of all the complete commitment to excellence and the deep caring of each person in the program for all the others. In my mind, the best example of this was KML's reaction to someone uttering a disparaging comment about the walk-ons. She exclaimed, "Not important! They are just as much a part of team as anyone else. They are important." (I may not have the quote verbatim, but I sure have the meaning.)

Merry Christmas to everyone. Qua basketball, we have a lot to be grateful for.
Thank you 82!! Merry Christmas to you, yours and to everyone in the yard. I hope that 2022 is a banner year for us all. Peace on earth, good will to everyone. May the basketball Gods smile on our program in 2022. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There are lots of creative and much appreciated thoughts here. I love the Christmas truce reference to WWI, Woof 101. My Dad actually fought and was gassed during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive in fall 1918 (he was 55 when I was born more than three decades later and he lived 'til he was 91).

As a longtime follower and only a six-week veteran of the Boneyard, I want to offer thanks to all of you for helping me through this seemingly endless pandemic, for each day amusing, infuriating, educating and entertaining me regarding our Huskies and pretty much all things WCBB.

I've met only a few of you, at the season opener vs. Arkansas at the XL, but I wish you all a happy holiday of whichever variety you celebrate, and good health for many years to come. I look forward to meeting more of you at games to come, okay?

Cheers, my BY friends.
Thanks Deacon. We’re glad you deci to join us. We look forward to reading your comments and concerns in the coming year. Cheers to you. :cool:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I've never celebrated Christmas but did experience the joy of giving for more than 40 years while working every Christmas (and Easter, too) so my Gentile colleagues could enjoy the holiday with their families. Our Christian friends were very appreciative and more than happy to give back when they worked for us on Yom Kippur.

Health and happiness to all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom