Mercury @ Sun - 8/04/17 | The Boneyard

Mercury @ Sun - 8/04/17

Reaction Score
New Picture.jpg

Reaction Score
League pass had tech troubles at the end of the game. So, didn't see the end, but I'm glad they pulled it out. Top scoring team in the league: the Sun.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Jasmine Thomas was on her way to a huge game when she got hurt. She was shooting great, playing hard on D, and was intense and vocal on the bench.

From her first year in the W, I was impressed by Jas' athleticism and big motor. Seeing her close up during her Sun career, hardly a game goes by when I don't a few "holy crap" moments about something she does on the court. People comment about Courtney's vertical, but Jas is right there with her and may be better. In the Merc game, there was a breakaway and Jas put on a burst of speed and separated herself by 6-8' in a heartbeat from the pursuing Merc guards. Remarkable. She has a bunch of steals where she explodes into the passing lane and is taillights before the opponent can react.

I sure hope she can shake this injury and be 100% for the playoffs. She's never missed a game for an injury, but I hope they hold her out of Tuesday's game if necessary to allow her to fully heal. GO JAS!!

Reaction Score
Jasmine Thomas was on her way to a huge game when she got hurt. She was shooting great, playing hard on D, and was intense and vocal on the bench.

From her first year in the W, I was impressed by Jas' athleticism and big motor. Seeing her close up during her Sun career, hardly a game goes by when I don't a few "holy crap" moments about something she does on the court. People comment about Courtney's vertical, but Jas is right there with her and may be better. In the Merc game, there was a breakaway and Jas put on a burst of speed and separated herself by 6-8' in a heartbeat from the pursuing Merc guards. Remarkable. She has a bunch of steals where she explodes into the passing lane and is taillights before the opponent can react.

I sure hope she can shake this injury and be 100% for the playoffs. She's never missed a game for an injury, but I hope they hold her out of Tuesday's game if necessary to allow her to fully heal. GO JAS!!

I watched Jasmine for two years while she was with the Dream and never would I have thought she could transform into what she is now. She was mediocre at best. Few teams could win with her. She was that bad. Great athlete and subpar basketball player. Now that she can shoot it's opened up her entire game. I hated watching her play with the Dream and thought the Sun were clueless thinking they could win with Bentley and Jaz.
Well, she's now a blast to watch and great for the WNBA.

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I watched Jasmine for two years while she was with the Dream and never would I have thought she could transform into what she is now. She was mediocre at best. Few teams could win with her. She was that bad. Great athlete and subpar basketball player. Now that she can shoot it's opened up her entire game. I hated watching her play with the Dream and thought the Sun were clueless thinking they could win with Bentley and Jaz.
Well, she's now a blast to watch and great for the WNBA.

I liked her in the Dream days also, but as a sub. I used to wonder why we couldn't find great athletes for our bench. If you are a Dream fan, I could see your point of view, but those 2 years, 2013-14, we're miserable in Sun world. I was glad to see her come here, but did not expect what we are seeing now. For the first time in her career, a coach has said YOU are our point guard. This is your team. The Sun even traded away Chelsea Gray ( :eek: ), essentially putting all their eggs in one basket. For the first time, she had the same coach in consecutive years. Coach Curt committed to her and she is responding.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom