Mercury Preview | The Boneyard

Mercury Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I just watched the Mercury preview show. What a collection of talent: DT, Taylor, Dupree, Bonner and Griner. Where is the weakness in that group?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She won't be 100% for awhile.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sims came back after 8 months and was about 85% and still one of the best guards in WCBB her freshman year. I bet that 85% ofcTaylor is pretty darn good.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Taylor isn't 100% yet

LOL. There's that positive attitude you always offer.

You appear to have lost your manners.

She won't be 100% for awhile.

Sims came back after 8 months and was about 85% and still one of the best guards in WCBB her freshman year. I bet that 85% ofcTaylor is pretty darn good.

Well, despite your questionably polite and definitely inaccurate response to my post about Taylor, you appear to agree that she is not 100% once someone else chimed in and agreed (thanks Coler).

IIRC, when you trumpted that Taurasi and Griner were two of the best players, I noted that for the Mercury, there was also not to be forgotten Dupree, Bonner and Penny Taylor. Penny Taylor is the bomb, a fantastic player. She is also coming off a knee injury, the roller coaster recovery of which caused her to miss the entire season last year, and she is also more than 10 years older that Simms.

There is no question about how terrific she is. That is stating fact. It is also fact that Taylor is not 100% yet.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Also on the Dishin' & Swishin' podcast, Cindy Brunson stated that Cory Gaines said that Taylor would only likely play about 5 minutes on Monday. That to me sounds like very early stages on being ready. *shrugs*

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Also on the Dishin' & Swishin' podcast, Cindy Brunson stated that Cory Gaines said that Taylor would only likely play about 5 minutes on Monday. That to me sounds like very early stages on being ready. *shrugs*

Thanks. I remembered I had heard/read about Penny somewhere and looked for the link as I was responding to Trash's post. I did listen to D&S's podcast, so that is where I must have heard it. All other stuff on the net regarding her status is over 1 month old.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Thanks. I remembered I had heard/read about Penny somewhere and looked for the link as I was responding to Trash's post. I did listen to D&S's podcast, so that is where I must have heard it. All other stuff on the net regarding her status is over 1 month old.

Yeah, about a month ago a Phoenix writer made a statement something like "To be blunt Penny is back" or something along those lines. So everyone had thought that meant that she was like 100% and ready to roll....But turns out she isn't.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You appear to have lost your manners.

Not to make excuses, but ETT has been going through a tough time lately. The program that he has been bragging about here for the last few years is crumbling before his eyes.

Losing to Louisville, Griner/Mulkey/gay story, and now Turner's verbal to ND. It's so bad for him, he said on this board the he is having trouble supporting Mulkey and Baylor at this time.

It's not easy being him.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not to make excuses, but ETT has been going through a tough time lately. The program that he has been bragging about here for the last few years is crumbling before his eyes.

Losing to Louisville, Griner/Mulkey/gay story, and now Turner's verbal to ND. It's so bad for him, he said on this board the he is having trouble supporting Mulkey and Baylor at this time.

It's not easy being him.

well perhaps. I'm simply disagreeing with him/her on certain things, in which a forum of this nature it is natural to do so.

I have stayed away from the touchy subjects of BG's sexual preferences, Kim Mulkey's wardrobe, and recruiting.

Yet the responses I've received from him/her have been along the line of negative personal observations, in other words, his/het best defense is to be offensive.

I fully understand having one's faith shaken to the core and I sympathize to some extent. You & I doggy have disagreed in the past yet I don't recall us taking potshots at each other.

Shoutout to Trash - if you wish to discuss I would be happy to respond via pm.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure who the PHX PG will be - I guess if you have DT, Taylor, Bonner, Dupree and Griner on the court, DT is your PG. If Taylor isn't 100%, you could replace her with a true PG but not sure Prahalis fits that bill. Still, the west is gonna be brutal. I think Minny and Phx are the cream of the west, but we will see soon enough.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
LA, Phx and Minny make the west incredibly tough. What a fun race that will be.

Does it come down to DT and Parker for MVP?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ironic that Catchings didn't win it the year she led her team to a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom