Mercury @ Lynx - 8/22/17 | The Boneyard

Mercury @ Lynx - 8/22/17

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Pregame was nixed so that we could hear all about the Cleveland/Boston NBA trade. It seems that the parent NBA will never consider the WNBA anything but a "little sister."

The facts surrounding the trade took only thirty seconds or so. But we also had to have an additional five minute, rambling dissertation from some sports writer (who I had never heard of) giving his opinions of the trade.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yawner now. Lynx up by 22 going into Q 4.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Minnesota looked like a championship team.

Diana looked uninterested on the bench.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I would be to watching BG play small against Fowles. No offensive rebounds and 2 total. How is that possible? I can only wonder what Geno would be doing if she played for him? Marone Head bang

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The Sun hosted NY and Phoenix last 2 games. The difference in defensive commitment was striking. In addition to uninspired defense, DT was off her game that night so the Merc had no shot. 5 pts for DT tonight, so same story against the Lynx. Merc don't look like a team scrapping for a playoff spot. They get one more shot at the Sun at their place.

Reaction Score
The Sun hosted NY and Phoenix last 2 games. The difference in defensive commitment was striking. In addition to uninspired defense, DT was off her game that night so the Merc had no shot. 5 pts for DT tonight, so same story against the Lynx. Merc don't look like a team scrapping for a playoff spot. They get one more shot at the Sun at their place.
I don't like the way the Mercury don't play well unless they have to. But reality is they are not scrapping for a playoff spot - they are going to make the playoffs and they know it. Then they will finally get with the program. They will beat the Sun if they meet in the playoffs because their best players are better than the Sun's best players. When motivated they should kick ass.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Games is blacked out on NBATV here in Phoenix, and the game is in Minneapolis. #$%^&*?????
Because the game was on FSAZ+. I haven't watched a game all year, but I made out a list of ones I could watch on TV, we just have had so many things going on that we just couldn't follow the WNBA and chose skipping both live and TV.

That said, I follow the standings and some of the threads here on the BY, rooting for (among others) the Mercury. Never Minny, usually the Lib, never LA

Reaction Score

Diana has looked uninterested for significant stretches of this entire season. She used to have so much fun playing basketball. Now, it sure doesn't look like it.

Reaction Score
Diana has looked uninterested for significant stretches of this entire season. She used to have so much fun playing basketball. Now, it sure doesn't look like it.

She has said she wants to go for the 2020 Olympics. Is she good for another 3 years?

Reaction Score
She has said she wants to go for the 2020 Olympics. Is she good for another 3 years?

Recently she has the demeanor of someone who doesn't even want to show up for the next 3 games, let alone next 3 years. (And I say this as a longtime big fan.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom