Mercury down Mystics 101-97 | The Boneyard

Mercury down Mystics 101-97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diana scored 26 pt and dished out 8 assists. She's having an MVP season.

http://www.wnba.com/games/20130627/PHOWAS/gameinfo.html#nbaGIlive

I was at the game. Funny thing was, she seemed completely off her game, mentally, in the first quarter.
It was an interesting game; Mystics were up for most of it, Mercury was up by 1-3 points for most of the fourth quarter. A difficult call with something like 10 seconds left pretty much ensured a Mercury win. Down by 3, a Mystics player was fouled, took a 3-pointer, and made it, appearing to tie the game plus a free throw. It was called a foul on the floor: no basket, two free throws (she missed one, still down by 2). I wasn't sure on the replay which way the call should've gone.

Good crowd. Not sure what the attendance was; the space was far from full. I really enjoyed it. Less than $25 including the metro fees.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ursus, a question, if I may:

I assume that Griner guarded Snow. Langhorne shot lights out at 12-13. Was Griner unable to pick up Langhorne near the basket?

Reaction Score
Ursus, a question, if I may:

I assume that Griner guarded Snow. Langhorne shot lights out at 12-13. Was Griner unable to pick up Langhorne near the basket?

Griner guarded Snow when they were both in, which wasn't exactly the whole game. Snow started, but got yanked kind of early when she seemed to have trouble shutting Griner down. Griner did have some trouble picking people up on drives, but Langhorne was just pretty much unstoppable. She was having a great night and nobody was going to be able to do much about it.

She was really on fire in the first quarter and first half in general; due to the position of my seat and general lack of familiarity with most of the team, I didn't have a great viewpoint on their offense then. I think they were hitting a fair number of jumpers early, which started opening up the lane.

I haven't seen the boxscore, but I'm going to guess that Griner only played about half the game. I don't know if she was ever in without Diana on the floor.

ETA: Just read the article; that bit about Phoenix getting most of their offensive boards in the second half? That was really noticeable. Washington did a great job boxing out earlier in the game.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
See DT picked up another technical. She must be leading the league in that category.

Reaction Score
See DT picked up another technical. She must be leading the league in that category.

It was very early in the game and I'm not sure exactly what happened. May have been protesting a call. I thought the announcer said foul on Mystics, technical foul on DT, which would be very odd; the play could have probably been called either way. The refs called a fairly tight game, as far as I could see. The crowd loved seeing her get T'd up, but I think it just fired her up a little bit. Biiiig mistake.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
From what I saw on TV the T was due to the use of her left hand. She kind of used it to swipe at the defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom