Mention of renewed B12 interest | The Boneyard

Mention of renewed B12 interest

Reaction Score
Saw this article coming out of B12 media day where Yormark said the conference is "still open for business" and the author reports "there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn."

Not sure how legitimate it is - haven't seen it reported elsewhere. Author is Ross Dellenger - football writer who just came over to Yahoo from Sports Illustrated (never heard of him)

Reaction Score
Saw this article coming out of B12 media day where Yormarak said the conference is "still open for business" and the author reports "there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn."

Not sure how legitimate it is - haven't seen it reported elsewhere. Author is Ross Dellenger - football writer who just came over to Yahoo from Sports Illustrated (never heard of him)

Been mentioned on the realignment board for a while now. Yormark also mentioned the possibility of decoupling football and basketball contracts but that wouldn’t be for half a decade.

Reaction Score
Been mentioned on the realignment board for a while now. Yormark also mentioned the possibility of decoupling football and basketball contracts but that wouldn’t be for half a decade.
I value my mental health too much to visit that board. They should only go for an all sport invite

Reaction Score
Why does anyone think UConn would go to the B12 for basketball-only? It's nuts.
I agree that’s a huge risk with less reward
The only two conferences I would even consider BB only are The SEC and B1G
the only one that makes sense is the B1G
I outlined in a previous Post total Basketball Revenue would exceed $20 000,000
1. Stability of Conference in a very shaky world
2. @ 20% of their contract that’s $16,000,000 in media less NCAA incentive or conference Tournament.
3. Women’s basketball ticket Revenue would double .
4, Men’s would increase substantially
5. I understand the media partner is the same but their incentive is ratings for almost any UConn vs B1G opponent will far exceed a Big East game .
That‘s not a knock on the Big East but it’s the reality of a group of small privates vs large publics

Reaction Score
Saw this article coming out of B12 media day where Yormark said the conference is "still open for business" and the author reports "there is a renewed interest from Yormark in adding UConn."

Ross Dellenger is a true journalist and has valuable sources.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I would think that the path would need to include all sponsored olympic sports + football scheduling arrangement. The football scheduling arrangement should give us a probationary period to prove that we belong or don't.

Reaction Score
I would think that the path would need to include all sponsored olympic sports + football scheduling arrangement. The football scheduling arrangement should give us a probationary period to prove that we belong or don't.
Sure, I'd take the Kansas "probation period" 14 straight years before they had winning football season in 2023. Or match Baylor and Kobe's team at 3-9.

Reaction Score
Why does anyone think that the B12 would invite UConn for basketball only?
Why wouldn't they? They get the best basketball program in the country without having to take on our awful football program. Would be an enormous win for them if we were dumb enough to do it.

Reaction Score
Basketball only is not happening but to play along:
1. UConn should only do it with a guarantee football is coming along at a near future date. We still play D1 football, it's a package deal.
2. Kansas, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Cincy, Houston, WVU, Okie State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor, BYU - that slate should not be overlooked as a long term play. Pitt and Louisville could be in the mix too. CR#1 says Temple. :cool:

Reaction Score
Money. They can get a Notre Dame like scheduling deal for football with a promise of entry. They need more money. UConn's media rights deals are way underperforming their status

If we can make more money on a basketball deal in the Big 12 than we can in the Big East and we can plant our other sports in the Big 12 it's worth doing the due diligence. It must come with an ironclad path to football membership a scheduling agreement and bowl affiliation.

I'll give Yormark credit for seeing that basketball rights and football rights should be bifurcated in the future. A Big 12 Hoop conference with UConn would be something to behold. The conference would have the very best coaches and it would get better ratings than anything outside of UNC/Duke.

Reaction Score
If we can make more money on a basketball deal in the Big 12 than we can in the Big East and we can plant our other sports in the Big 12 it's worth doing the due diligence. It must come with an ironclad path to football membership a scheduling agreement and bowl affiliation.

I'll give Yormark credit for seeing that basketball rights and football rights should be bifurcated in the future. A Big 12 Hoop conference with UConn would be something to behold. The conference would have the very best coaches and it would get better ratings than anything outside of UNC/Duke.
Correct. And people have to understand that the Big East is not guaranteed to be a power conference in the future - even in basketball. Let’s say for arguments sake…Even if the pay is essentially the same in the Big 12, that conference is much likelier to remain a power conference, even in basketball, than the Big East. It sucks but that’s the truth of it.

Reaction Score
Correct. And people have to understand that the Big East is not guaranteed to be a power conference in the future - even in basketball. Let’s say for arguments sake…Even if the pay is essentially the same in the Big 12, that conference is much likelier to remain a power conference, even in basketball, than the Big East. It sucks but that’s the truth of it.
Secondly. If we say no what happens if St John’s and Villanova say yes?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Secondly. If we say no what happens if St John’s and Villanova say yes?
Ah, the "prisoners dilemma."

Reaction Score

Don't trust Yormark. He is a teaser.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom