Men's soccer tentative home schedule | The Boneyard

Men's soccer tentative home schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I found the tentative schedule for the 2016 season for the men's soccer team buried in a uconnhuskies.com story about early group ticket sales:

August 26 vs. Iona
August 28 vs. Nebraska-Omaha
September 2 vs. Louisville
September 5 vs. Cornell
September 17 vs. Loyola (Md.)
September 24 vs. Temple
October 8 vs. Cincinnati
October 15 vs. USF
October 18 vs. Boston College
November 5 vs. SMU

If this tentative schedule becomes official, then there is a violation to a Ray Reid Prime Directive, as the Huskies would start off the season playing two games in three days. Reid has always hated playing two games in three days, often protesting loudly that such a schedule did not provide enough rest for his team, even though two games in three days is how most post season conference tournaments are scheduled. Also, November 5 seems to be rather late for the last game of the season, so it makes me wonder if the AAC men's soccer tournament schedule format may have some sort of change coming to it.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/022616aaa.html

Reaction Score
FYI to be clear, this the home schedule. Usually games before Labor Day are scrimmages, if correct, then having 2 games in 3 days should not be a concern. That said, I agree that Reid should have a period when games are bunched to help with AAC an NCAA Tournament prep.

Reaction Score
Poor wording on my part, I had it being the home schedule in the header, but not in my actual write up. Anyway, men's college soccer has started the regular season before Labor Day for a number of years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom