Men's soccer 2018 | The Boneyard

Men's soccer 2018

Reaction Score
The UConn men's soccer roster for the 2018 season has been posted on the athletics website:

2018 Men's Soccer Roster - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

Three players who saw significant time last season who had eligibility remaining are not on the 2018 roster. They are Nicolas Apostol, Niko Petridis, and DeAndre Brown.

Also, for the second straight year, a release about the newcomers to the team has also been posted:

Huskies Welcome 13 Newcomers to the Program - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

Reaction Score
Apostol transferred to Oregon State. Originally from Vancouver so it makes sense. Brown went to UMass. Do we know anything about Petridis?

I did not know about Brown going to UMass, so thanks for that info. Apostol's transfer to Oregon State had been previously posted. Definitely would like to know about Petridis as well.

Reaction Score

UConn seniors Dylan Greenberg, Jacob Hauser-Ramsey, and Abdou Thiam were all named to the AAC Preseason All Conference Team.

Jacob Hauser-Ramsey was named AAC Preseason Defensive Player of the Year.

Reaction Score
Went to the exhibition this morning against Cuse. The defense is going to be very, very good. The new french center back is a monster. Pair that with Hauser, and a guy like Burgess off the bench, there might not be a better group of CBs in the country. Plus Greenberg is a steady force at LB. Offense showed less but there's some talent there. Think this team will be better than it has been the last few years, if not a bonafide good team.

Reaction Score
I did not know about Brown going to UMass, so thanks for that info. Apostol's transfer to Oregon State had been previously posted. Definitely would like to know about Petridis as well.
Petridis transferred to St. John's

Reaction Score
Went to the exhibition this morning against Cuse. The defense is going to be very, very good. The new french center back is a monster. Pair that with Hauser, and a guy like Burgess off the bench, there might not be a better group of CBs in the country. Plus Greenberg is a steady force at LB. Offense showed less but there's some talent there. Think this team will be better than it has been the last few years, if not a bonafide good team.

Huskies Play to Scoreless Draw with Syracuse - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

Reaction Score

Good start. Late free kick goal by freshman Metzler to win it.

UConn picked up both their goals off of set pieces. However, I was very annoyed when Lehigh tied it up with 13 minutes left in the game when they converted on a penalty kick. Metzler then scored on his set piece from just outside the top of the box with about 6 minutes to go. That got me feeling better.

Reaction Score

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn picked up both their goals off of set pieces. However, I was very annoyed when Lehigh tied it up with 13 minutes left in the game when they converted on a penalty kick. Metzler then scored on his set piece from just outside the top of the box with about 6 minutes to go. That got me feeling better.
When Lehigh scored on that PK, I'm thinking here we go again, another early season loss/tie to a team UConn should feast on.
I think it's time for UConn to look to the future in the coaching ranks
Let's get the new stadium built and let RR coach his first and last season there, name the press box after him because anything but Joe Morrone field would be blasphemy - The stadium name needs to be reserved for Tony

Reaction Score
No WHUS radio again tonight for men's soccer against Niagara, but at least John Tuite is doing play by play on Huskies All Access.

No score with about 10 minutes left in the first half.

Reaction Score
Half time, no score in the UConn-Niagara game. Unofficially UConn has a 9-0 shot advantage. I saw the last 15 minutes or so after getting home from the Connecticut Tigers game, in that time UConn pretty much has kept the ball in Niagara's defensive zone the whole time.

Reaction Score
No WHUS radio again tonight for men's soccer against Niagara, but at least John Tuite is doing play by play on Huskies All Access.

No score with about 10 minutes left in the first half.

Spoke too soon. The sound has disappeared in the second half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom