Men' soccer preseason poll | The Boneyard

Men' soccer preseason poll

Reaction Score
The United Soccer Coaches Preseason Poll has come out. UConn men's soccer got one vote. AAC teams UCF (11) and USF (8) also received votes, while SMU ended up at No. 8 in the poll. Other UConn opponents ranked in the poll include No. 2 Indiana, No. 4 Akron, No. 17 Notre Dame, and No. 23 Dartmouth.

DI MEN

Reaction Score
Interesting that in AD Benedict's latest podcast he stated he had conversations with Ray Reid and considers the recent seasons results to be "unacceptable".

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Interesting that in AD Benedict's latest podcast he stated he had conversations with Ray Reid and considers the recent seasons results to be "unacceptable".

It's understandable to not be a top three football team in the AAC. It's even forgiveable to not be a top three AAC hoops team given how the team fell during KO's reigh. However, given UConn's history, it seems ridiculous UConn is not a top three soccer team in the AAC.

Reaction Score

Do you have a link to the podcast?

It's understandable to not be a top three football team in the AAC. It's even forgiveable to not be a top three AAC hoops team given how the team fell during KO's reigh. However, given UConn's history, it seems ridiculous UConn is not a top three soccer team in the AAC.

I always thought there were two things that could potentially put Ray Reid's coaching status on shaky ground. One would be a decline in attendance or declining interest in the men's soccer program. The other would be not consistently making the NCAA tournament. Well, the second point has certainly been reached.

Still think UConn men's soccer will be in a much better place (especially in terms of recruiting) if and when the new soccer facility comes on line in the next couple of years. Question is, will Reid still be the coach at that time?

Reaction Score
Do you have a link to the podcast?

I always thought there were two things that could potentially put Ray Reid's coaching status on shaky ground. One would be a decline in attendance or declining interest in the men's soccer program. The other would be not consistently making the NCAA tournament. Well, the second point has certainly been reached.

Listen to the The Husky Insider Podcast Episode - UConn AD Benedict - Part 3 of 5 on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio
(All 5 parts are reachable from the link)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This conference kills mens basketball and mens soocer
Perhaps this year UConn and RR can sneak up on folks rather than be over ranked and tank as in the last several seasons
UConn soccer is so near and dear to me that I hate seeing the program looking as if it is on a decline - went to UConn games in the 60's when the field had no bleachers, only two benches and ran east/west rather than north/south.
RR is a really good soccer man but I question some of his recruitment and his style of play has gotten old.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom