Men and Women Players Who Won NCAA, NBA/WNBA Titles And Olympic Gold Medals? | The Boneyard

Men and Women Players Who Won NCAA, NBA/WNBA Titles And Olympic Gold Medals?

Reaction Score
Name them. There are not as many men as you would think. Here is a hint as to two. For the men, he was the main character in "The Last Dance" and for the women, her initials are DT.

Reaction Score
Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones, Maya Moore, Candace Parker, Tamika Catchings, Britney Griner, Breanna Stewart, Sheryl Swoopes, Cynthia Cooper, Ruth Riley. I’m sure I’m missing a few.

Magic Johnson, Michael jordan , and I’d assume a handful of players from before my time.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones, Maya Moore, Candace Parker, Tamika Catchings, Britney Griner, Breanna Stewart, Sheryl Swoopes, Cynthia Cooper, Ruth Riley. I’m sure I’m missing a few.

Magic Johnson, Michael jordan , and I’d assume a handful of players from before my time.

Nice job on the women. I'm thinking UConn's Kara Wolters could be on this list, as well, for the women.

As for the guys, Bill Russell and KC Jones, for sure. MJ and Magic are the more recent honorees.
Two guys from my time: Jerry Lucas (Ohio State, Knicks) and Quinn Buckner (IU, Celtics) are also on the list.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Actually Russell was not the first one.
The original that comes to mind when this question is asked I meant. I would be guessing about who came before, George Mikan?

Reaction Score
Nice job on the women. I'm thinking UConn's Kara Wolters could be on this list, as well, for the women.

As for the guys, Bill Russell and KC Jones, for sure. MJ and Magic are the more recent honorees.
Two guys from my time: Jerry Lucas (Ohio State, Knicks) and Quinn Buckner (IU, Celtics) are also on the list.
You need another one.

Reaction Score
The original that comes to mind when this question is asked I meant. I would be guessing about who came before, George Mikan?
Nope. Close though.

Reaction Score
Clyde Lovellette was the first......

well per Wikipedia....my curiosity got the best of me.

Reaction Score
Typical Bulldog. You are exactly right. Don't you agree that there're surprisingly few men players?
lol. I admit I’ve heard the name before and really looked for players around the era of Miken per the earlier post.

it’s very surprising not many men’s players fall into this topic, but the talent is more spread out with the number of professional teams and college teams that have a legit shot to win a title, especially now that virtually no top NBA prospects stay longer than one season.

Reaction Score
Lovellette was on the Hawks teams of the Pettit-Hagen era and ended his career as Russell’s backup on the Celtics. Big burly guy with a nice soft touch from midrange. One of the best players of the 1950s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom