Men’s college basketball 3-point line extended to international distance | The Boneyard

Men’s college basketball 3-point line extended to international distance

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The coaches calling time outs and the shot clock reset are just awful rules.

And how they haven’t narrowed the lane yet is absurd.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Hurley has already painted the new stripes and we’re shooting. I expect it’ll make a small difference maybe 1-2% lower made field goals from three point range. Makes it even more important to have big guys inside who can score and rebound

Reaction Score
These are great changes. Why would it reset to 30. The nba resetting to 14 has been awesome

Reaction Score
You got the rebound. You earned a full shot clock. Why should it reset to a different amount because the wrong colored laundry got the ball?
I’ve liked the 14 second reset in the NBA. I can see why some wouldn’t though.

the Q

Reaction Score
Things they should’ve done:

4 quarters

Narrow the lane

Remove the semi circle (one of the 5ish worst rules in all of sports)

Create more stringent rules for ball handlers and offensive fouls, especially any extended contact with the of arm.

Create some kind of verticality so offensive players aren’t leaning in using shoulders to draw fouls.

Reaction Score
You got the rebound. You earned a full shot clock. Why should it reset to a different amount because the wrong colored laundry got the ball?

Speeds up the game.....A LOT

Reaction Score
The theory is you can take off the amount of time on average it takes to get the ball down to the other side of the court. So you're getting basically the same amount of time to set up your offense and get a shot off. Speeds up the game. I can see why some don't like it but I can also see the logic of it.

Reaction Score
The theory is you can take off the amount of time on average it takes to get the ball down to the other side of the court. So you're getting basically the same amount of time to set up your offense and get a shot off. Speeds up the game. I can see why some don't like it but I can also see the logic of it.

Interesting way to think about it.

The shot clock is 30 seconds and a backcourt violation occurs after 10 seconds. So the rules are saying, in principle, your possession should take 10 seconds in the backcourt and 20 seconds in the frontcourt.

Now, if you get the rebound in the frontcourt, you get your rightful 20 seconds in that half of the court, but no more than that.

Reaction Score
Things they should’ve done:

4 quarters

Narrow the lane

Remove the semi circle (one of the 5ish worst rules in all of sports)

Create more stringent rules for ball handlers and offensive fouls, especially any extended contact with the of arm.

Create some kind of verticality so offensive players aren’t leaning in using shoulders to draw fouls.
Totally, less scoring is exactly what college hoops needs!

Reaction Score
Moving the 3pt line back will increase spacing and really help athletic guards like Jalen and James. And we all know 'Rique shoots from about 25 anyway ;)

the Q

Reaction Score
Totally, less scoring is exactly what college hoops needs!

More post scoring. Aka way better basketball.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like the deeper 3 point line. It will spread the floor and make for more exciting basketball. I don't feel strongly about the other changes.

Reaction Score
Mostly indifferent to these. But the 3 point line and shot clock reset are great changes

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No issue at all with the 3 point line moving back to international rule.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me the appeal of 4 quarters? To me I don’t see that as an upgrade.

It is more to deal with fouls. Every quarter they would reset and after 4-5 other team would in the bonus for the rest of the quarter instead of being in the bonus with 12:00 minutes left in the half. TV Timeouts would get moved to 5:00 instead of after 4 like they are now. I think it is a more free flowing game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom