Memphis | The Boneyard

Memphis

Reaction Score
Sounds like they are hiring Penny on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see how quickly they can turn it around.

Reaction Score
He will definitely be able to recruit and quickly. Can he manage and Coach is tbd.

Reaction Score
During his playing days, Penny never struck me as a future coach for whatever reason. Curious to see how he does.

Reaction Score
If they bring him in and he doesn't land those 4* and 5* Memphis kids then it will all be for nothing.

Reaction Score
If they bring him in and he doesn't land those 4* and 5* Memphis kids then it will all be for nothing.
Agreed. But let's say he does and puts together a good staff which is also the rumor. Memphis suddenly is a top 20-25 team again.

Reaction Score
yeah it's a very high risk/high reward hire
Totally, but I think worth it for them. He will also help bring back their fans. Their attendance has been awful.

You get UCONN and Memphis back to being good teams. With Cincy and Witchia State. You have 4 solid teams. Add in improving Houston, SMU and Temple and suddenly this is a good league. And maybe we don't have to kill ourselves OOC.

Reaction Score
Definitely adds more pop and flash than Tubby. Must be nice to have that FedEx money, between buyout and new hire. I welcome anything that increases the prestige of our conference. We’re already an improved conference without us and Memphis. Once we rebuild, and if Memphis gets back to its former glory, this can be a very solid conference.

Reaction Score
I am not really eager to celebrate the fortunes of any other aac team or hope they get better until uconn is a decent team. Last thing uconn needs is more teams to leap frog them during these under 500 seasons which hopefully end at 2.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I am not really eager to celebrate the fortunes of any other aac team or hope they get better until uconn is a decent team. Last thing uconn needs is more teams to leap frog them during these under 500 seasons which hopefully end at 2.
Methinks we should root for both UConn and the conference to get better. The conference improving helps UConn.

Reaction Score
Methinks we should root for both UConn and the conference to get better. The conference improving helps UConn.

Right. We always root for the other conference teams in the tournament as that helps the league and UConn when they win. Couldn't believe how Houston blew that game last night. First, choking on two free throws and then not guarding the passer on the inbounds play. Gray was lazy on defending the play as well, as he left the guy who received the pass wide open at midcourt.

Reaction Score
Right. We always root for the other conference teams in the tournament as that helps the league and UConn when they win. Couldn't believe how Houston blew that game last night. First, choking on two free throws and then not guarding the passer on the inbounds play. Gray was lazy on defending the play as well, as he left the guy who received the pass wide open at midcourt.
The freshman hit a clutch shot. I thought Houston represented the conference well and Gray was amazing. Thought he was the best player in the tournament so far. Calvin is a good coach but I hate not guarding the inbounds on that last play.

Reaction Score
They could immediately have a top 2 player in the 2019 class, plus the next Lawson kid, plus there were rumors Shaq's kid could flip. They could be very good very quickly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom