Memphis-UCF also cancelled this weekend | The Boneyard

Memphis-UCF also cancelled this weekend

Reaction Score
or as The American put it: "will not be played as scheduled" - wiggle room to reschedule?"

Memphis-UCF Football Game Will Not Be Played As Scheduled

UCF & Memphis don't have a mutual bye week either. So two cancelled AAC games? Almost think the league HAS TO find a way now to shuffle some games around and reschedule if possible, but it might be too much shifting to make it happen.

Current scheduled bye weeks for AAC teams:

Sept 16th weekend: Navy
Sept 23rd weekend: UConn, ECU
Sept 30th weekend: Tulane
Oct 7th weekend: USF
Oct 14th weekend: Cincy, SMU
Oct 21st weekend: none
Oct 28th weekend: UCF, Navy, Temple
Nov 4th weekend: none
Nov 11th weekend: Houston, Memphis, USF, Tulsa
Nov 18th weekend: none
Nov 25th weekend: none
Dec 2nd weekend: (American championship game)

Reaction Score
UConn v ECU -> Week 4
USF v Houston -> Week 11
ECU v Houston -> Week 10
UCF v ECU -> Week 9
UCF v SMU -> Week 7
Memphis v Tulsa -> Week 11

UConn v USF and Memphis v UCF -> Week 10

Reaction Score
There's no way they are shifting 8 games involving 8 different teams in order to reschedule the two cancelled games. It would be chaos as schools have already made travel plans, sold tickets, planned school events around games, etc. Don't forget the challenges for the Rent's management, which booked the stadium to NYCFC on the 23rd based on a committed schedule from UConn. Rescheduling games on short notice is a virtually impossible task.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think they should just push the AAC title game back a week (played in the stadium of a yet to be decided team vs a yet to be decided opponent) and play these two games on 12/2. Not that complicated.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think they should just push the AAC title game back a week (played in the stadium of a yet to be decided team vs a yet to be decided opponent) and play these two games on 12/2. Not that complicated.

Yeah just get the playoff and the bowls to push everything back a week. Done and done.

Reaction Score

That would work as long as Navy's not involved - they play Army Dec 9th. Doubt that game is flexible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Aresco said the conference has an insurance policy for these sorts of things, which should help cover the cost of travel and any possible lost revenue by the schools."

Nice. I wonder how much is covered and how the money is determined.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
or as The American put it: "will not be played as scheduled" - wiggle room to reschedule?"

Memphis-UCF Football Game Will Not Be Played As Scheduled

UCF & Memphis don't have a mutual bye week either. So two cancelled AAC games? Almost think the league HAS TO find a way now to shuffle some games around and reschedule if possible, but it might be too much shifting to make it happen.

Current scheduled bye weeks for AAC teams:

Sept 16th weekend: Navy
Sept 23rd weekend: UConn, ECU
Sept 30th weekend: Tulane
Oct 7th weekend: USF
Oct 14th weekend: Cincy, SMU
Oct 21st weekend: none
Oct 28th weekend: UCF, Navy, Temple
Nov 4th weekend: none
Nov 11th weekend: Houston, Memphis, USF, Tulsa
Nov 18th weekend: none
Nov 25th weekend: none
Dec 2nd weekend: (American championship game)

Hope it doesn't go down like the LSU/Florida fiasco last year, where the teams had to cancel rent-a-win games to reschedule the conference games. UConn needs to play all its OOC opponents.

Reaction Score
Hope it doesn't go down like the LSU/Florida fiasco last year, where the teams had to cancel rent-a-win games to reschedule the conference games. UConn needs to play all its OOC opponents.

What if the AAC forces UCONN to cancel the BC game to play the conference game? Is that big payout from Fenway gone?

Reaction Score
What if the AAC forces UCONN to cancel the BC game to play the conference game? Is that big payout from Fenway gone?

Then BCU would miss a game on their schedule.

Although I'm not sure the ACC would care or even notice for that matter.

Reaction Score
Aresco discusses not only the UCF-Memphis game, but also the UConn-USF game and some other things of interest.
@USFMB How do South Florida fans now feel about the school's president and AD deciding to fly the players back into Irma?

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
@USFMB How do South Florida fans now feel about the school's president and AD deciding to fly the players back into Irma?

I don't really know their thoughts on the matter. I presume, like here, there are a variety of opinions.

I know that most USF fans wanted to see the game played and are hoping that it can somehow be rescheduled.

I'm not going to second guess how it was handled.

At the moment, I am staying in a shelter at the elementary school on the USF campus which is full to beyond capacity.

The USF Sun Dome is also a shelter, but only for the very medical needy.

We are expecting Irma to hit Tampa within hours.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I hate to say it but I really agree with ...Chief's opinion that the leaders involved here had to do something anything to convey they had some control of an uncontrollable situation.

Reaction Score
I don't really know their thoughts on the matter. I presume, like here, there are a variety of opinions.

I know that most USF fans wanted to see the game played and are hoping that it can somehow be rescheduled.

I'm not going to second guess how it was handled.

At the moment, I am staying in a shelter at the elementary school on the USF campus which is full to beyond capacity.

The USF Sun Dome is also a shelter, but only for the very medical needy.

We are expecting Irma to hit Tampa within hours.

Best wishes USFMB - hope everyone down there stays safe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom