Memphis thoughts and tourney stuff. | The Boneyard

Memphis thoughts and tourney stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Seemed to me that everyone played well, and everyone played poorly. Luckily, not all the poorlies happened at the same time.
  2. Gibbs may have been my favorite whipping boy this season, but today, he played an incredible role in our victory. Just like Dauphine the other night for Cinci, when it felt like he didn't miss anything from deep, but it turned out he was only 4 of 10 or something like that on threes, It felt like Gibbs shot the lights out in the 2nd half and carried us on his back. Yet in reality, he was 3 of 9 from three for the game.
  3. In a matter of one game-minute (18:34 to 17:35 in the 2nd half) a time during which only 2 points were scored, our bigs got called for four fouls, giving them 4 each, and forcing them to sit almost the rest of the way, which completely changed the tenor of the game. Steve, then Kentan, came in and did a credible job, but we were forced to play much, much softer in the middle, since there was obviously a loose canon with a whistle. I think that was the driving force in Memphis comeback. 37-23 when Amida sat. 4-1/2 minutes later, it was 38-34. I know Amida's 4th foul was bull spit, but I really want to see the whole sequence again, and especially to see if the same ref called all four fouls, and who it was. I need to know who to hate! I await tcf15's magic.
  4. Shaq Goodwin has seemed a thorn in our sides as long as there's been an AAC. Today, not so much. He played 37 minutes and had 6 points and 5 boards. Our backup guys pressed into service because of the abovementioned foul situation (Facey/Enoch) had 6 points and 6 boards between them, in 26 total minutes. They both looked confident and played like they belonged in a championship game, facing a highly regarded player like Goodwin.
  5. Once again, our superior FT shooting played a major role in a victory. Both teams were called for 20 fouls, but we outscored them from the line by 9 points, shooting 83%+ to their sub 65%.
  6. After taking a drubbing in the Championship game, will Pastner finally be canned? Is it worth $10 million to the school to the end the misery? Maybe if they make the NIT and lose in the first round that will do it.
  7. Seems like we have history with each of the other #9 seeds. Providence, Butler and Cinci.
  8. There MUST be teams that deserved bids more than 'Cuse and Tulsa.
  9. Keeping up with the Purvis foul shooting tally:
    One of the announcers mentioned that the only UConn player you don't mind sending to the line is Purvis, who shoots in the 60s. As I've repeatedly pointed out, his FT problems are so last year. If the ESPN analysts did their job by reading the yard for insight, he wouldn't have said that.
    As of 3/13, Rodney is at 76% since the 1st of the year. 38 of 50.
    Purvis is shooting 91% for the month of March (10 of 11) and 100% for the post season so far. He really needs to get to the line more.
    Gibbs is at 83% for March (15 of 18) and an identical 83% (10 of 12) for the post season.
    Hamilton is also 83% for March (24 of 29) and 89% (16 of 18) for the post season
  10. To everyone's surprise, we out rebounded them pretty handily, 36 to 26.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd say Omar was the only one who played consistently well in his 15 minutes, which seems to be the perfect amount of time for him.

Miller also got a lot out of his 22 minutes and was really only limited, and partially responsible in such a sense, by getting in to foul trouble. But that is to be expected; he has been consistency manifest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3
Top Bottom