OT: Memphis Problems? | The Boneyard

OT: Memphis Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@Michael_Cohen13: Memphis investigating claims a woman tutored BB players without ath dept consent

Geoff Calkins ‏@geoff_calkins 4m4 minutes ago
Convicted felon was tutoring Adonis, Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford and other players at Memphis:

Commercial Appeal ‏@memphisnews 4m4 minutes ago
The claims an unaffiliated tutor provided academic assistance to athletes is being investigated by the U of Memphis.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 · 16m 16 minutes ago
The woman, Stacie-Leigh Greer, is unaffiliated with the U of M. Said she helped write papers, tutoring players and host BBQs at her house.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 · 16m 16 minutes ago
Greer said she tutored Adonis Thomas and Chris Crawford while they were at Memphis. Pastner: “I knew none of this. Zero. Zilch.”

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 · 15m 15 minutes ago
Adonis Thomas appeared in a promotional video for Greer's academic program while he was in high school, which poses eligibility questions.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 · 12m 12 minutes ago
Players that attended weekly BBQs at the tutor's house included Adonis Thomas, Chris Crawford, K.J. and Dedric Lawson, among others.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 · 9m 9 minutes ago
Greer: “I have kids in college that send me their papers.” This included, she said, Adonis Thomas/Chris Crawford.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/t...y_42067266

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 · 6m 6 minutes ago
Greer, the woman who claims to have tutored the Tiger players, has two felonies to her name. Both related to her educational business.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13 · 4m 4 minutes ago
Greer, 45, graduated from the U of M and was also a professor there for a brief time.

Reaction Score
Guess the big things are:
1. Did she write papers for them
2. Since it is an "educational business" did she charge players the same as the public or even at all
3. The BBQ.
4. She apparently is also a "massage therapist"

Reaction Score
pAdPxeQM.jpeg

Reaction Score
I don't see how this will hurt Memphis unless she is being paid by a booster or someone affiliated.

Who is paying?

Also, did she say her kids in college are funneling her papers? She can't be that dumb. If she is saying that about her own kids, then they are potentially guilty of plagiarism as well.

With any plagiarism case, the professor in question has to prove it. Presumably, anyone outside the university can do your child's work for them, and unless you are caught, there is no sanction.

Reaction Score
There were undoubtedly were Xrtra benefits including the GFE and PSE experience with her. You would have to be naive beyond measure to think she wasn't cranking out their school work for them. That was her job. This shouldn't surprise anyone. This type of thing happens every day of the week all around the country. College school work can become a grueling experience when coupled with high level D1 training routine and schedule.

If I were a Memphis player into Hoes I would be tempted to utilize these "secretarial" services. She looks like 1 of those girls we used to see in the those 2LiveCrew vids.

Reaction Score
a culture of cheating usually does not end when the coach leaves.

Reaction Score
4. She apparently is also a "massage therapist"
At 45, you know she is very experienced
And allegedly doing this alone, clearly has quite the enthusiasm for it

That my friends is a winning combination; a Resse's of sexual favors

Reaction Score
oh no div 1 basketball players aren't doing their actually schoolwork? i'm surprised its some prof, usually its some desperate chick on campus that would drop everything to do it.

Reaction Score
Do people think this is new stuff? Practically all campuses have something similar or worse going on. The most common is the dorm mate 'taking one for the team'. Typically its done privately through trusted channels. Her being a felon is concerning if it means she is doing more with these kids than tutoring. But if she is a smart cookie and this is a form of redemption for her, its no issue.

As said by others its the level of tutoring and benefits that determines 'cheating'. Anyway very few athletic program can throw stones at Memphis.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't care until I find out what happens to UNC. This is a broken tail light by comparison even if the worst is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom