Memphis Pre-Game Press | The Boneyard

Memphis Pre-Game Press

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In Geno's pregame at the 11:30 minute mark, he says something I never thought he would say

There are teams in our bracket that if they play their A game., we can't beat. I am in distress. I am not sure how our team should react to that? L assume we will be in Albany which counts a bit. Is it reverse psychology? :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
In Geno's pregame at the 11:30 minute mark, he says something I never thought he would say

There are teams in our bracket that if they play their A game., we can't beat. I am in distress. I am not sure how our team should react to that? L assume we will be in Albany which counts a bit. Is it reverse psychology? :eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:
Caught that as well. Got me thinking which teams he was talking about.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Caught that as well. Got me thinking which teams he was talking about.

I am not sure he has specific teams in mind. I guess he really wants to play an underdog role but it does not seem like the UConn way. :(

Maybe something more like. 'If we play our A game, I like our chances'. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yes I heard what Geno said too. Bottom line we need to play our A plus game with a few critical stops at the end to win this . This is assuming the other team is playing their A game too. Like others have stated previously the margin for error is very slim this year to win it.

Reaction Score
If it takes a buzzer beater to win the trophy this year count me in but my heart may not survive

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What teams?

ND, L'ville, Oregon, perhaps Miss. State

Reaction Score
If it takes a buzzer beater to win the trophy this year count me in but my heart may not survive
If it comes down to a buzzer beater you already know which way it's going. Close games do not generally go UConn's way. I was thinking Baylor was on his mind when he said that.

Reaction Score
Geno:

This is the presser where Geno talks about matchups. My opinion, the matchups will go a long way toward determining the eventual NC! The selection committee results will be critical this year.

Reaction Score
What teams?

ND, L'ville, Oregon, perhaps Miss. State
Baylor and MSST, my opinion, would be the worst matchup for UConn. Funny because I think UConn is the worst matchup for Baylor and MSST. A game matching these teams will be a joy to watch especially, if they bring the A game!

Reaction Score
He's playing up the idea that UConn could actually be an underdog. He thinks that role will better suit his team.
One reason IMO that he actually WANTED last year's team to lose during the regular season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
He's playing up the idea that UConn could actually be an underdog. He thinks that role will better suit his team.
One reason IMO that he actually WANTED last year's team to lose during the regular season.
Yes and for this reason I believe I'd rather see UConn as a 2-seed in the tournament than a 1-seed.

Reaction Score
How could a team that starts 3 #1 recruits be an underdog? I mean there are only four such players in all of America, and UConn has 3 of them.

Reaction Score
How could a team that starts 3 #1 recruits be an underdog? I mean there are only four such players in all of America, and UConn has 3 of them.
That’s what I’m seeing. I listen to everything he says. The dude fascinates me.
He is a genius at psychology. He’s finagling for any tiny edge that he can get.
Since you must not be a fan, let me try to explain it to you.
How about the fact that his tallest starter is 6’2”. On the horizon is Baylor, Louisville, ND, and Oregon, all bigger teams. I presume that you at least know that Baylor and Louisville handled us pretty easily, especially Baylor with their 6’7” post. 2 defeats by a UConn team for the first time since forever. #5 ranking for the first time since forever.
Now, what if beating UConn is no longer “storm the court” worthy and Geno plays into that and his team quietly starts to play really good basketball and BOOM UConn jumps on them and steals a NC.
I guess I really had to explain that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom