Memphis Postgame Coverage: HC Randy Edsall & Vontae Diggs | The Boneyard

Memphis Postgame Coverage: HC Randy Edsall & Vontae Diggs

Reaction Score
And there it is. Randy saying out loud we don't have the players now to play the defense that they're trying to install that would consistently match up with the other teams in this conference, nor do we have the players now to even play a 4-3 defense. Hence a completely discombobulated mess of a defense every week.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm worried Randy's class from last year doesn't have the defensive players either. And this year as well.

There are no defensive recruits from the Crocker era you can get excited about making a difference other than maybe Eli Thomas and Dylan Harris.

We are playing the kids and the kids lack ability - it's not just a coaching thing.

Reaction Score
I'm worried Randy's class from last year doesn't have the defensive players either. And this year as well.

There are no defensive recruits from the Crocker era you can get excited about making a difference other than maybe Eli Thomas and Dylan Harris.

We are playing the kids and the kids lack ability - it's not just a coaching thing.
As I said in another thread last week, JuCos and grad transfers will be paramount to this defense for the next couple years while Crocker recruits the talent he needs. One decent safety, one decent DB, and one decent DE and things can look a lot different. Think like we still had Meyers, Obi, and Jhavon on the squad

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Time to go back to the 4-3. Just that simple. We are regressing, that ain't good. Problem is it is too late to switch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom